ARLINGTON, Va., Feb. 11, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Women In Defense (WID), a national security organization and affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) that cultivates and supports the advancement of women in all areas of national security and defense, will hold its 2016 Annual Women In Defense National Conference at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA on Wednesday, March 9, 2016.
The annual WID national conference provides a day-long forum where senior leaders, subject matter experts and professionals from government and industry who are delivering innovative solutions can collaborate and network, while inspiring the next generation of leaders. Key speakers and panelists include:
• Hon. Lisa S. Disbrow, Under Secretary of the Air Force
• MG Heidi Brown, USA, Director, Global Operations, J-3,U.S. Strategic Command
• Ms. Madelyn Creedon, Office of the Under Secretary for Nuclear Security/Administrator for the National Nuclear Security Administration
• Mrs. Katrina McFarland, Assistant Secretary of Defense (Acquisition)
• Dr. Phyllis Schneck, Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity and Communications, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
• Ms. Jennifer Walsmith, Senior Acquisition Executive, National Security Agency
• Lt. Gen. Arnold Bunch, Jr., USAF, Chair, U.S. Air Force's STEM Advisory Council; Military Deputy, Assistant Secretary for Acquisition, U.S. Department of the Air Force
• Ms. Christine Fox, Assistant Director for Policy & Analysis, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
"It is an honor to bring together so many great minds and to provide a collaborative environment in which leaders who are delivering innovations for our national security and defense community are driving the conversation," said WID National President Maj. Gen. Amy S. Courter, CAP/USAFX, and Chief Operating Officer of Dynamic Computer Corporation. "This event provides value to decision-makers, industry professionals, and those who are navigating a career in national security and defense."
"This conference is evidence itself of the support for advancement of women in all areas of national security and defense, and of the collaborative planning team led by Pamela Falls from Northrop Grumman," added Maj. Gen. Courter.
The WID national conference is open to the public. For more information and registration details, please visit: http://bit.ly/WIDConf.
About Women In Defense
As a 501(c)3, Women in Defense (WID), A National Security Organization, WID's mission is to cultivate and support the advancement and recognition of women in all areas of national security and the defense industry. WID provides many educational programs, professional networking opportunities, career development, awards and STEM scholarships. Membership is open to professional women and men whose professional activities relate to national security. WID has nearly 4,000 members and now prides itself on having 20 Chapters in key geographic locations.
WID is a proud affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), America's leading non-profit defense industry association promoting national security.
CONTACT: Ashley Saunders email@example.com 703-247-2579
Source:National Defense Industrial Association(NDIA)