Redwood City, Calif., Feb. 17, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica, the world’s number one independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data, today announced the immediate availability of Informatica Secure@Source Version 2 (v2), the first data security intelligence solution to provide enterprise-wide analytics on sensitive data risk across complex heterogeneous data platforms including Cloud, big data and traditional databases.
Under intense pressure to secure data from all types of external and internal threats, most organizations are challenged to know basic information including the classification, location, proliferation and usage of their critical data assets, much less understand their full exposure to risk. Informatica Secure@Source automates the discovery, identification, analysis, scoring, monitoring and alerting of sensitive data risks across the enterprise, SaaS applications and big data platforms. The Informatica solution empowers organizations to be proactive and standardize their measurement of sensitive data risk across groups and departments, as well as track it over time, to audit and prioritize their security controls and investments.
“The continuing proliferation of sensitive data across data stores, country boundaries and across clouds, along with the risks inherent to big data, necessitates a transformation in how critical data assets are safeguarded,” said Amit Walia, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica. “A data-centric security intelligence solution, Informatica Secure@Source delivers insights into enterprise data risk that are unavailable from other solutions. By enabling organizations to pinpoint and track their areas of highest risk, Secure@Source empowers them to prioritize data protection efforts, optimally align security resources and increase the value of security investments.”
Informatica Secure@Source v2 delivers:
- Global visibility of sensitive data and risk with history and trending of risk score and key risk indicators.
- Visibility to how many users have access to sensitive data and who are the top users.
- Intelligent data policies, which define sensitive data by how it is consumed and viewed by the organization, enabling unparalleled classification and discovery of sensitive data.
- Sensitive data proliferation analysis.
- Reports on sensitive data to support audits and investigations.
- Collection and correlation of user access and activity on sensitive data.
- Expanded multi-factor risk scoring, including user access and activity, to incorporate user and data usage factors.
- Expanded big data and cloud support, including integration with Salesforce and Informatica Big Data Management.
Ponemon Institute - Data Breaches and Sensitive Data Risk Research 2016
According to a 2016 survey by Ponemon Institute, the two most significant security problems are not knowing the location of sensitive data and not knowing the data risk.
- Only 12 percent of respondents know the risk of structured data contained in databases. According to respondents, companies represented in this research have an average of 4,275 structured databases.
- Similarly very few know the risk to unstructured data contained in emails or files (8 percent of respondents), data located in the cloud (7 percent of respondents) and big data used for analytics (5 percent of respondents).
- 62 percent of respondents worry most about the inability to determine the location of their organizations’ sensitive or confidential data.
- A data breach is the top IT security risk and one that is increasing. When asked to select the one IT security risk that causes the most problems, it is the data breach of sensitive information.
- Download the full Ponemon Institute report here.
- See an infographic on the Ponemon Institute report here.
Cutting Cloud and Big Data Risk Down to Size
Secure@Source supports big data and Cloud implementations, both of which are areas of particular concern to security professionals. In fact, according to the 2016 Ponemon Institute survey, respondents reported that only five percent knew the risk to their big data and only seven percent knew the risk to their cloud environment.
Secure@Source provides extended support, including expanded discovery and classification capabilities for Hadoop/Hive and Salesforce data, as well as expanded proliferation tracking for Hadoop data via Secure@Source integration with Cloudera Hive and Informatica Big Data Management. Additionally, Secure@Source leverages Grid scalability to enhance its performance across large and expanding information environments.
- Watch what Informatica senior vice president of Product Development, Bala Kumaresan, has to say about Secure@Source v2 here.
- Read more here about how Secure@Source is able to identify, analyze, detect and monitor sensitive data risks.
- EMA Analyst Report: Building Data-Centric Security with Informatica Secure@Source to Gain Actionable Insights into Sensitive Data Risk – Download full report here.
- Read Robert Shield’s blog, “Secure@Source Version 2: Data Visibility, Risk and Financial Impact” here.
- Read Gary Patterson’s blog, “Why you need Data Security Intelligence” here.
- “Informatica Secure@Source provides valuable visibility to help organizations protect their most sensitive data and limit enterprise risk,” said Adam Bosnian, executive vice president, global business development, CyberArk. “As part of a proactive security program, it’s important to prioritize data risk as well as the powerful user and application access to the underlying data sources that are most often exploited in a cyber attack. The CyberArk Privileged Account Security Solution can be used to manage and monitor this access to data sources, and help Informatica Secure@Source align with customers’ privileged access standards.”
- “As security breaches grow in both quantity and sophistication, organizations are increasingly focused on protecting their mission-critical data,” said Joe Gottlieb, senior vice president of corporate development, SailPoint. “With Secure@Source, Informatica is enabling and protecting the enterprise data superhighway. By integrating SailPoint’s identity context, Informatica can enhance the visibility of user-specific data risks and reduce the likelihood and extent of data breaches.”
- Lyndsay Wise, Research Director at Enterprise Management Associates states that, “Informatica Secure@Source lets users analyze events, trends, users, groups, and combines this information to identify who is accessing data, what groups they are a part of, and the details surrounding that access. The ability to customize rules and procedures surrounding sensitive data and create alerts, enhances overall risk management efforts across the organization gives CIOs and Data Security Officers the tools they require to manage sensitive data risk. Secure@Source highlights sensitive data risk so that organizations can take pre-emptive measures to help prevent breaches and reduce breach impact. Additionally Secure@Source v2 takes into account that organizations are increasingly leveraging cloud and big data sources. Secure@Source v2 provides the groundwork for ensuring risk management within these data sources. Informatica’s investment in Secure@Source shows continued commitment to enhancing overall risk management and information security. Informatica is a leader in data management and security.”
Tweet this: News: @Informatica Secure at Source delivers unrivalled visibility into sensitive data risks http://infa.media/pr160217a #datasecurity
Informatica is a leading independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. More than 5,800 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and on the internet, including social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at https://linkedin.com/company/informatica, https://twitter.com/Informatica and https://facebook.com/InformaticaLLC.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Secure@Source, Informatica Big Data Management and Informatica Cloud are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
 The Ponemon Institute report “Data Breaches and Sensitive Data Risk” was sponsored by Informatica and Scale Venture Partners.
 Enterprise Management Associates, “Building Data-Centric Security With Informatica Secure@Source to Gain Actionable Insights Into Sensitive Data Risk,” February 17, 2016