San Francisco, Feb. 17, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global Next Generation Memory Market is expected to reach USD 3.43 billion by 2020. Increasing need for fast and economical storage solutions across diverse applications is estimated to drive market growth over the forecast period. Next generation memory is used for various applications such as enterprise, industrial and automotive to store and manage information, which is expected to augment market growth over the next six years.
Increasing use of next generation memory in mobile phones to enhance customer experience is expected to fuel market growth. Increasing demand for wearable electronics and replacement of flash memory storage may provide new growth avenues to the next generation memory market. Low environment stability and high design cost may act as a restraint to market growth over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On “Next Generation Memory Market Analysis By Product (Volatile, Non-Volatile), By Application (Mass Storage, Mobile Phones, Industrial & Automotive, Embedded MCU & Smart Cards, Cache Memory & Enterprise Storage) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/next-generation-memory-market-analysis-by-product-volatile-non-volatile-by-application-mass-storage-mobile-phones-industrial-amp-automotive-embedded-mcu-amp-smart-cards-cache-memory-amp-enterprise-storage-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Non-volatile memory storage is expected to remain the key product segment over the forecast period; it accounted for over 90% of the market in 2013. This technology is used for economical storage and fast processing of data and sustains the stored information even when the power is turned off. Volatile memory storage is estimated to witness considerable growth over the forecast period. In this technology, information fades when the power supply is turned off unless the storage device is periodically refreshed.
- Mobile phones were a major application segment in 2013 and accounted over 55% of the overall market in the same year. All common computing platforms from handheld devices to supercomputers use storage systems to store data permanently or temporarily. Smart cards store a few bytes of data and are expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
- North America was estimated to be the key regional market in 2013. The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at a considerable rate owing to increasing demand for smartphones and tablets. Additionally, presence of key market players in countries such as China, India, Japan and South Korea is also expected to positively impact the regional market over the forecast period.
- Key industry participants include Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., IBM Corp, Adesto Technologies, Crossbar Inc, Fujitsu Ltd, Toshiba Corporation, Intel Corporation etc. Toshiba along with SK Hynix are working on production of next generation memory chips, which is expected to decrease power consumption and increase data transfer speed. Economical and efficient solution development is expected to be a critical success factor for market players.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/technology-and-media
Next Generation Memory Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Next Generation Memory Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Mass Storage
- Mobile Phones
- Industrial & Automotive
- Embedded MCU & Smart Cards
- Cache Memory & Enterprise Storage
Next Generation Memory Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Cesium Clock Market –
- Banks Mainframe Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights