SEATTLE, Feb. 17, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Un-Cruise Adventures expands its theme cruise schedule in 2016 with the addition of chairman’s, alumni and National Park centennial themes. Guests can now choose from 10 theme cruise options while sailing on select small ship cruises in Alaska, Costa Rica and Panamá, Mexico’s Sea of Cortés, coastal Washington and the Columbia & Snake Rivers.
In 2016 and 2017, theme cruises include photography, marine biology, ornithology, craft beer, wine, Lewis & Clark and music/entertainment. Beginning in 2016, a new chairman’s theme cruise introduces guests to company leaders on board for the week and alumni cruises unite past cruisers. For 2016 only, cruises visiting Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska during the week of August 25, celebrate the 100th anniversary of the National Park System created on August 25, 1916.
Un-Cruise Adventures’ fleet of boutique yachts and small ships carry 22-88 guests on adventure and river cruises lasting one week to 21 nights. All adventure activities and shore excursions are included. Theme cruises feature a guest host on board the ship for a week of special presentations and daily interaction with guests.
“Theme cruises provide an opportunity to get topical hands on learning from experts, unite with fellow alumni or rub elbows with the leaders and owners of Un-Cruise Adventures,” said Captain Dan Blanchard, CEO.
2016-2017 theme cruise schedule:
Mexico’s Sea of Cortés—The 84-guest Safari Endeavour sails from Baja exploring islands, bays and marine life in this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Chairman’s - 2017: January 7
- Alumni - 2016: December 3
- Marine Biology - 2016: March 5 & 12; 2017: January 21, February 25, March 18
- Ornithology - 2016: March 26, November 26; 2017: March 25
- Photography - 2017: January 28, March 4
Columbia & Snake Rivers—The 88-guest S.S. Legacy, a replica coastal steamer, explores the scenic views and history of the area, including the Lewis & Clark expedition, with living history presentations, and excursions to museums, wineries and forts.
- Chairman’s -2016: April 23; 2017: April 8
- Alumni - 2016: June 25
- Lewis and Clark - 2016: May 14 & 21
- Smooth Jazz - 2016: July 23
- Letters From Home (a singing duo specializing in 1940s style harmonies, tap dancing and comedy) - 2016: July 30
- Wine - seven departures April - October, 2016; Two departures in April, 2017
Alaska—Theme cruises are offered aboard the 84-guest Safari Endeavour sailing adventure cruises in remote Alaskan wilderness roundtrip from Juneau.
- Alumni - 2016: August 28
- Marine Biology - 2016: June 5, August 7 & 14
- Photography - 2016: June 12, July 3
- Chairman’s - 2016: September 17
Alaska—National Park Centennial—Guests visiting Glacier Bay aboard five ships during the week of August 25, 2016—the actual anniversary day of the park system—will enjoy a commemorative gift and special celebration on board.
Coastal Washington—the 76-guest Wilderness Discoverer explores Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands.
- Ornithology - 2016: April 16; 2017: April 22
- Craft Beer - 2016: April 30, October 8 & 22; 2017: April 8, 15
Central America—The 62-guest Safari Voyager sails in Costa Rica and Panama, exploring tropical rainforests, beaches and islands.
- Chairman’s - 2016: December 10; 2017: June 3
- Photography - 2016: December 3; 2017: February 11, May 27
- Alumni - 2017: January 28, June 10
- Ornithology - 2017: July 8, 15
- Marine Biology - 2017: July 29, August 26
About Un-Cruise Adventures
Celebrating 20 years of adventures in 2016, Un-Cruise Adventures’ boutique yachts and small ships carry 22-88 guests on voyages in Alaska, Hawaiian Islands, Mexico’s Sea of Cortés, Columbia & Snake Rivers, coastal Washington, British Columbia, Galápagos Islands, Costa Rica and Panama. Un-Cruise Adventures, under the parent company of InnerSea Discoveries Alaska Inc., is a member of Trusted Adventures, dedicated to the highest standards of small-group travel and to giving back to the places visited.
CONTACT: Sarah Scoltock PHONE: 206-838-9491 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Un-Cruise Adventures