San Francisco, Feb. 22, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market is expected to reach USD 283 billion by 2020. Growing global energy demand is expected to remain a key driving factor for global EOR market. Rising number of mature oil wells, particularly in the Middle East and Latin America coupled with high productivity yields associated with EOR techniques is also expected to have a positive impact on the market growth over the next six years. Long lead time coupled with volatile crude oil prices is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants.
Thermal EOR was the most dominant technology and accounted for 49.9% of total market volume in 2013. Growing demand for high hydrocarbon recovery in low permeability and mature reserves coupled with technological advancements is expected to drive growth in this segment. It is the most conventional EOR technology used today and has reached its maturity level. However, thermal EOR technologies are expected to lose some amount of its share to other high growth technologies such as chemical and gas injection techniques over the forecast period. Chemical EOR technique is estimated to gain market share over the next few years particularly in Asia Pacific and Middle East. Novel techniques coupled with superior characteristics over their counterparts are expected to drive chemical EOR market over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Market Analysis By Technology (Thermal, Gas Injection, Chemical) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/enhanced-oil-recovery-eor-market-analysis-by-technology-thermal-gas-injection-chemical-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global EOR market was 2,681.6 million barrels in 2013 and is expected to exceed 16,000 million barrels by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 29.9% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America emerged as the leading regional EOR market and accounted for 36.4% of total market volume in 2013. Depleting productivity in mature reserves coupled with increasing shale plays has been driving EOR market growth in the region over the past decade.
- Europe is expected to witness significant growth rate of 35.7% over the forecast period owing increasing demand for primary energy along with growing requirement for self-sufficiency in crude oil supplies due to existing geopolitical unrest. Majority of future demand is expected to come from non-OECD countries such as Brazil, Indonesia, Nigeria, Venezuela, China and Russia.
- Key market participants have patented technologies and have been continually involved in R&D to enhance productivity keeping in mind the environment impacts. Global enhanced oil recovery market is moderately consolidated. Major companies operating in the global market include BP, Chevron, Royal Dutch Shell and Exxon Mobil. Some other companies in the market include Conoco Phillips, Praxair Technology Inc., Nalco Company, China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, Petronas, Petrobras, Nalco Company, Lukoil and Statoil.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/energy
Global Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Technology Outlook (Volume, Million Barrels, Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- Gas Injection
Global Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Barrels, Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- High-functional Separator Market –
- Automotive Sealants Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights