San Francisco, Feb. 23, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Proppants Market is expected to reach 96.03 million tons by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing drilling and completion activities for shale gas in the U.S. and Canada is expected to drive market growth over the next six years. In, addition advent of multiple stage fracturing resulting in higher consumption of proppants per stage is expected augment demand over the forecast period. In addition, large technically recoverable shale gas reserves in China, Australia, Algeria and Russia is expected to promote market growth.
Sand was the largest product segment accounting for over 75% of market share in 2013. Sand is expected to witness demand growth owing to its low cost and high availability in comparison to other proppants. Ceramic proppants are expected to witness significant demand growth over the next six years on account of superior properties including high strength, crush resistance and conductivity resulting in increased use for shale plays.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Proppants Market Analysis By Product (Sand, Resin Coated, Ceramic), By Application (Shale Gas, Tight Gas, Coal Bed Methane, Others) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/proppants-market-analysis-by-product-sand-resin-coated-ceramic-by-application-shale-gas-tight-gas-coal-bed-methane-others-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Shale gas was the largest application segment in 2013 and is expected to witness swift growth over the forecast period due to large recoverable reserves in China, U.S., Algeria, Argentina, Mexico and Australia. Increasing application scope of proppant in shale gas extraction on account of the latter being used in transportation and power generation is expected to propel market growth over the forecast period.
- North America was the largest regional market, accounting for over 75% of global demand in 2013. The market is expected to witness significant growth over the next six years owing to growth in shale gas production coupled with increase in fracturing jobs per year.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 12% from 2014 to 2020, owing to high potential of shale gas reserves in China coupled with large coal bed methane reserves in Australia. Regional growth can be attributed to favorable government policies to develop shale gas reserves in India and China.
- Key market participants include U.S. Silica, Carbo Ceramics, Momentive, Fairmount Santrol, Hi Crush LP Partners, Fores, Saint-Gobain and Preferred Sands. Preferred Sands and Dow Chemicals Company announced the production of an effective proppant solution that meets OSHA standard and limits silica dust exposures. Various companies focus on technological advancements to produce eco-friendly proppants which would offer increased fracture flow capacity and enhance hydrocarbon recovery.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/exploration-and-drilling
Global Proppants Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Resin Coated
Global Proppants Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Shale Gas
- Tight Gas
- Coal Bed Methane
Global Proppants Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Functional Printing Market –
- Ammonia Refrigerant Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights