San Francisco, Feb. 24, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Kaolin Market is expected to reach USD 5.88 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of construction sector on account of industrialization in emerging economies including China, Brazil, India and Russia is expected to drive kaolin market demand. Kaolin is used in ceramics and concrete to increase whiteness and brightness of the base material. Growing focus on superior aesthetics would drive demand for ceramic tiles and sanitary ware resulting in increased kaolin demand over the forecast period. Moreover, increasing demand for paper packaging is anticipated to drive kaolin demand, as the mineral enhances durability and reinforcement properties of the base material.
Paper was the largest application segment for the kaolin market accounting for over 40% of volume share in 2013. Ceramics is expected to be the fastest growing application segment at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2014 to 2020.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Kaolin Market Analysis By Application (Paper, Ceramics, Paint, Fiberglass and Rubber) And Segment Forecasts To" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/kaolin-market-analysis-by-application-paper-ceramics-paint-fiberglass-and-rubber-and-segment-forecasts-to
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Rising concern regarding environment protection is expected to drive demand for eco-friendly packaging materials such as paper, which would aid kaolin market growth over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific was the largest kaolin market with revenue exceeding USD 1.5 billion in 2013. Construction industry growth in India, China and Indonesia is expected to have a positive impact on the market.
- Growing application scope of kaolin in non-traditional applications such as rubber, plastics, and pharmaceuticals is anticipated to open new opportunities for the market.
- Global kaolin market is fragmented in nature owing to the presence of numerous manufacturers across the world. Large kaolin deposits are found in the U.S. resulting in high market concentration in the region. Key market participants include Thiele Kaolin, Imerys SA, I-Minerals Inc., Quarzwerke GmbH, SCR-Sibelco N.V. and KaMin LLC. Kaolin market is characterized by frequent merger & acquisition activities. For instance, in May 2014, Imerys S.A. entered into a strategic alliance with Nedmag to cater to the pulp & paper industry of Europe. In 2013, Quarzwerke GmbH bought a major stake in Kaolin AD; a Bulgaria based mineral extracting and processing company.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/exploration-and-drilling
Global Kaolin Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Global Kaolin Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Abrasives Markets in China –
- Valves Markets in China –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights