GREENVILLE, S.C., Feb. 26, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE:SNX), a leading Technology Solutions distributor, announced today that CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has named seven SYNNEX executives to its prestigious list of 2016 Channel Chiefs: Eddie Franklin, Vice President, Sales, Public Sector and Vertical Markets; Steve Jow, Senior Vice President, Sales; Rob Moyer, Vice President, Cloud and Software Solutions; Sandi Stambaugh, Vice President, Product Management; Bob Stegner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, North America; Reyna Thompson, Vice President, Product Management; and Cindy Ting, Vice President, Product Management and Sales. The executives on this annual list represent top leaders in the IT channel who excel at driving growth and revenue in their organizations through channel partners.
Channel Chief honorees are selected by CRN’s editorial staff on the basis of their professional achievements, standing in the industry, dedication to the channel partner community and strategies for driving future growth and innovation. Each of the 2016 Channel Chiefs has demonstrated loyalty and ongoing support for the IT channel by consistently promoting, defending and executing outstanding channel partner programs.
Three SYNNEX executives named to the Channel Chiefs list for multiple years were:
- Eddie Franklin, Vice President, Sales, Public Sector and Vertical Markets (three years) – Franklin was selected for identifying and bringing to market an individual technology practice for Public Safety, adding a former police chief and other public safety subject matter experts to the SYNNEX team, while drafting off the company’s experience in rugged devices and augmenting technology offerings, assessments, and deployment services focused on helping the channel deliver a better technology answer for their Public Safety and Emergency Management clients. Continuing to build on a successful trend in K12 Education, Franklin added former educators in 2015, expanded K12 professional services, increased Chrome for Education White Glove capacity, tightened alignment with Microsoft K12 resources and provided support infrastructure to facilitate E-Rate transactions.
- Steve Jow, Senior Vice President, Sales (three years) – Jow was selected for creating communities and ecosystems to increase partners' knowledge and improve their experience and connections within a vertical practice. He continued to invest in SYNNEX’ SMB teams and programs to drive vendor reach and create more avenues for reseller growth with business solutions to solve challenges SMBs face. This included expansion and refinement of regional events and continued refinement of the Varnex community, including sales and leadership skills classes. Jow also deepened reseller enablement in the Education market, which included new platform onboarding and education on how to address opportunities and how to leverage SYNNEX services to lessen the investments needed to execute. These programs included not only benefits around products, but business practices such as finance, solution practices, and technical resources.
- Bob Stegner, Senior Vice President, Marketing, North America (eight consecutive years) – Stegner was selected for enhancing Varnex University’s curriculum, thus increasing attendance by almost 50 percent. Enhancements include additional technology solutions selling classes, executive leadership classes, and services portfolio classes. Additionally, Stegner was responsible for new vendors joining Varnex to complement the core “Solv” solutions, giving resellers the ability to gain more of their customers' overall IT spend. Lastly, he helped enhance the newly launched CLOUDSolv Community by providing the opportunity for customers to collaborate while gleaning benefits similar to Varnex.
Four SYNNEX executives named to the Channel Chiefs list for the first time were:
- Rob Moyer, Vice President, Cloud and Software Solutions - Moyer was selected for advocating that distribution be a key piece of Microsoft’s CSP strategy. Under Moyer’s leadership, SYNNEX’ Microsoft CSP business has grown rapidly in its first year. He also drove cloud adoption in the K12 Education space and was an integral part of launching SYNNEX' successful Google for Education program, which provides a single source, turn-key solution revolutionary to the Google Chrome Management Console for Education. Lastly, Moyer played an instrumental role in the development of SYNNEX’ bundled solution for Red Hat OpenStack, which includes hardware, software and services.
- Sandi Stambaugh, Vice President, Product Management – Stambaugh, who leads the team that manages Pro AV, Digital Signage, Broadcast, Physical Security, Mobility and Retail POS technologies, was selected for developing key vertical market technology solutions-based practices. This included training, services and support programs to move partners beyond the box to providing complete, innovative application-based solutions. Stambaugh invested in infrastructure, support and services to further enable partners with connected solutions and cloud services; cross-trained her team to support the development of complex technology solutions with our partners; and increased overlay support in key specialty technologies to support partners focused on extending their footprint with current customers.
- Reyna Thompson, Vice President, Product Management – Thompson was selected for creating the bridge to the new technology era with solutions for networking, security and unified communications. Thompson also facilitated the development of significant growth opportunities and monetization around "software-defined everything", requiring tight collaboration between resellers, vendors and SYNNEX. She also launched a unique "franchise model" hosted UC solution, featuring Avaya's IP Office call platform, created an "emerging vendors on-boarding program" to bring next generation technology solutions to the channel more effectively, and developed configuration tools to expand SYNNEX customers’ consultative capabilities for converged technology solutions.
- Cindy Ting, Vice President, Product Management and Sales - Ting was selected for aligning SYNNEX' custom-design solutions and services with customers' needs in a rapidly transforming market. Ting and her team have been able to better service customers and provide partners with solutions for a wide-range of vertical markets as well as new emerging markets, resulting in increased sales and product solution offerings over the past year. Ting also played an integral role in enhancing SYNNEX’ design services for customers resulting in designed system solutions and infrastructure that are fully tested and ready-to-go. Ting and her team also provided case studies that showed the successful implementation of flash-based solutions in various environments so resellers are well informed on the front end.
"We are honored to present the 2016 lineup of CRN Channel Chiefs, comprised of outstanding executives who move our entire industry forward by cultivating exemplary partner programs and executing cutting-edge business strategy,” said Robert Faletra, CEO, The Channel Company. “They represent an extraordinary group of individuals who lead by example and serve as both invaluable advocates and innovators of the IT channel. We applaud their incredible strides and look forward to following their accomplishments in the coming year.”
“Our seven executives honored as CRN Channel Chiefs continue to raise the bar and deliver the results needed to push SYNNEX further as a leading Technology Solutions distributor,” said Peter Larocque, President, North American Technology Solutions, SYNNEX Corporation. “We are proud of their continued leadership and commitment to the overall betterment of the channel.”
The 2016 CRN Channel Chiefs list is featured in the February 2016 issue of CRN and online at www.crn.com/channelchiefs.
@SYNNEX Eddie Franklin, Steve Jow, Rob Moyer, @SandiSynnex @BobStegner1, Reyna Thompson, Cindy Ting named @TheChannelCo @CRN #CRNChannelChiefs bit.ly/209E6qi
About SYNNEX Corporation
SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE:SNX), a Fortune 500 corporation, is a leading business process services company, optimizing supply chains and providing outsourced services focused on customer relationship management. SYNNEX distributes a broad range of information technology systems and products, and also provides systems design and integration solutions. Concentrix, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYNNEX Corporation, offers a portfolio of strategic solutions and end-to-end business services around customer engagement strategy, process optimization, technology innovation, front and back-office automation and business transformation to clients in ten identified industry verticals. Founded in 1980, SYNNEX Corporation operates in 26 countries around the world. Additional information about SYNNEX may be found online at www.synnex.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this release that are forward-looking involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause the Company’s actual results in future periods to be materially different from any future performance that may be suggested in this release. The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release.
Copyright 2016 SYNNEX Corporation. All rights reserved. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, CONCENTRIX, CLOUDSOLV, VARNEX and all other SYNNEX company, product and services names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of SYNNEX Corporation. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, CONCENTRIX and VARNEX Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. Other names and marks are the property of their respective owners.
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company enables breakthrough IT channel performance with our dominant media, engaging events, expert consulting and education and innovative marketing services and platforms. As the channel catalyst, we connect and empower technology suppliers, solution providers and end users. Backed by more than 30 years of unequalled channel experience, we draw from our deep knowledge to envision innovative new solutions for ever-evolving challenges in the technology marketplace. www.thechannelco.com
CRN is a registered trademark of The Channel Company, LLC. The Channel Company logo is a trademark of The Channel Company, LLC (registration pending). All rights reserved.