Apigee participates as Salesforce Health Cloud launch partner
Empowers healthcare organizations to build stronger patient relationships by enabling data exchange between healthcare systems and applications
LAS VEGAS, Feb. 29, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- --HIMSS16--Apigee®, developer of an intelligent API platform, today announced it is supporting improved patient data interoperability across the Salesforce Health Cloud with Apigee Edge API management software and Apigee Health APIx. Apigee Health APIx is a software solution announced last October that assists healthcare providers in accelerating the development and delivery of digital services based on FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) APIs, as well as help securely connect data from systems of record to Health Cloud.
Salesforce Health Cloud is generally available for purchase today, giving healthcare providers new ways to make smarter care decisions, engage with patients across their caregiver networks, and manage patient data. Apigee joins Salesforce as a Health Cloud launch partner at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS16) Conference in Las Vegas. Apigee will join Salesforce at HIMSS16 for a special panel titled, “The State of Interoperability in the Cloud,” featuring Aneesh Chopra, the former (and first) chief technology officer of the United States. The panel will take place on Tuesday, March 1, at 1 p.m. PST at the Clyde Ballroom, SLS Hotel.
Apigee Edge and Apigee Health APIx Key Features
Apigee Edge is Apigee’s flagship API management product, delivering an enterprise-grade platform for managing, securing and scaling APIs. Apigee Health APIx, a solution build on Apigee Edge, makes it easier for healthcare providers such as hospitals and doctors to connect with app developers and health data partners in the Salesforce Health Cloud in order to build FHIR API-based applications. Apigee’s healthcare API solution helps simplify and accelerate patient data interoperability across Salesforce Health Cloud by providing FHIR-based APIs for immediate use.
The Apigee Health APIx solution provides Salesforce Health Cloud partners with access to:
- A healthcare-specific developer portal with FHIR API documentation and content
- A new open-source project that provides a collection of pre-configured API proxies for 16 FHIR-ready APIs (Patient, Medication, Condition, Claims, and more)
- Pre-integrated OAuth security framework and other key functions
- Reference implementation of leading FHIR-enabled apps
Comments on the News
- “Patients today expect greater access and control of their health data, and the Salesforce Health Cloud represents a major step in the right direction,” said Aashima Gupta, Apigee vice president, digital transformation - healthcare. “Innovation in healthcare needs to address interoperability, and the Apigee Health APIx solution brings this to the Health Cloud by enabling fast and secure data exchange between healthcare systems and applications with intelligent API management.”
- "As our industry accelerates its journey towards value-based payment, the combination of Apigee's Health APIx and the Salesforce Health Cloud will offer a more effective interoperability path," said Aneesh Chopra, the former (and first) U.S. chief technology officer and Apigee advisor. “Together, they offer health organizations the ability to put patients at the center of data exchange with the ease of Internet-scale technologies, including the emerging FHIR API standard that will fuel patient and provider-designated apps."
- “We live in the age of the customer, and patients now expect personalized and engaging experiences with their healthcare providers,” said Joshua Newman, MD, chief medical officer, GM, Salesforce Healthcare and Life Sciences. “Health Cloud is all about building stronger patient relationships, and Apigee is a valuable part of our journey towards creating a modern healthcare platform for patients, doctors, and everyone else involved in care.”
About Salesforce Health Cloud
Salesforce Health Cloud is a cloud-based patient relationship management solution that enables providers to gain a complete view of the patient with integrated data from electronic medical records (EMRs), wearables and more; make smarter care decisions; engage with patients across their caregiver networks; and safely and securely manage patient data.
Apigee® (NASDAQ:APIC) provides an intelligent API platform for digital business. Many of the world's largest organizations select Apigee to enable their digital business, including more than 25 percent of the Fortune 100, five of the top six Global 2000 retail companies, and five of the top 10 global telecommunications companies. Apigee customers include global enterprises such as Walgreens, Burberry, Morningstar, and First Data. Apigee is headquartered in San Jose, California, and has over 400 employees worldwide.
Connect with Apigee
Apigee blog: https://blog.apigee.com/front
Apigee community: https://community.apigee.com
Apigee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Apigee
Apigee LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/apigee
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding planned adoption and implementation of Apigee’s products and the potential future customer benefits of using them as well as the success of the relationship with Salesforce and potential opportunities with joint customers. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. Consequently, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements. Actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of such uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances, including without limitation risks and uncertainties related to market adoption of digital technologies, the ability of Apigee’s software to meet its customers’ needs, the quality of Apigee’s software, support and services and related infrastructure capacity, the continued business success of both companies; Apigee’s ability to maintain the Salesforce relationship; the complementarity of each of Apigee’s and Salesforce’s products or services and the effectiveness of their combined use; and any incorrect implementation or use of Apigee software.
The foregoing list of factors is not exclusive. Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Apigee’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and elsewhere in Apigee’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on December 8, 2015. Apigee’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://investors.apigee.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Apigee disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect any change in its expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
Salesforce is the trademark of Salesforce.com, Inc. Apigee is a registered trademark in the U.S. Other product or company names mentioned may be trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.