CHICAGO, Feb. 29, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Visit Allscripts (NASDAQ:MDRX) at HIMSS booth #2612 to experience how Allscripts solutions, capabilities and Open platform are helping to drive the evolution to accountable and value-based care. Hear from Allscripts thought leaders about the future of health care:
The Power to Innovate – Precision medicine enables clinicians to customize care plans
- As part of the The National Immunotherapy Coalition (NIC), Allscripts and NantHealth are joining forces to accelerate combination immunotherapy as the next-generation standard of care in cancer patients. Allscripts Chief Executive Officer Paul Black and NantHealth founder Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, MD, will discuss how the two organizations are working together on the rollout of the Cancer Moonshot 2020 program. The presentation will be in the Allscripts booth on Tuesday, March 1, at 3:00 p.m. Pacific time.
- Joel Diamond, M.D., Allscripts Chief Medical Officer for Precision Medicine will address the growth of genomics and precision medicine and how it can help providers tailor treatment plans for patients. He will present in the booth on Tuesday, March 1 at 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Pacific time.
- Best practices in user-centered design (UCD) can improve usability and patient safety. Join Ross Teague, Ph.D., Allscripts Senior Manager of User Experience on Tuesday, March 1 from 11:30 a.m. to noon Pacific time.
The Power to Predict – Analytics deliver clinical insights at the point of care
- Population Health Analytics (PHA) have the capability to improve public health by helping clinicians identify patient populations and glean insight from large, complex data sets. Learn more from Fatima Paruk, M.D., MPH, Allscripts Chief Medical Officer for Analytics in the booth on Wednesday, March 2 at 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Pacific time.
The Power to Connect – Open approach fuels Health IT innovation
- Join Rich Elmore, Allscripts Senior Vice President of Business Development, at a pre-conference session “Facilitating Innovative Data Exchange and Re-Usability” on Monday, February 29, from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Pacific time. The session will examine new solutions to solving key barriers to interoperability.
- Open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are the first step toward a more interoperable ecosystem of Health IT applications and devices. Attend the CHIME-endorsed presentation, “Successfully Utilizing APIs for Integration Projects” on Thursday, March 3, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Pacific time. Presenters include Allscripts Vice President of Development Erik Kins and Janet Mak from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Meet Allscripts clients and learn how they are using Allscripts solutions to achieve better outcomes, including:
- Allscripts Sunrise™ clinical solutions for hospital and health systems
- Allscripts TouchWorks® EHR for large, multi-specialty physician practices
- Allscripts EPSI™, integrated financial decision support
- Sunrise™ Financial Manager solution for hospital and health systems
- Allscripts Homecare™ solution for post-acute care agencies
- Allscripts dbMotion™ Solution, connectivity platform
- Allscripts Professional EHR™ and Allscripts Practice Management™ for smaller physician practices
- Allscripts FollowMyHealth®, patient engagement platform
“We look forward to HIMSS as an opportunity to connect with clients, partners and other industry thought leaders,” John Sage, Allscripts Senior Vice President of the Client Organization, said. “As the industry evolves to value-based care, Allscripts is ready with innovative solutions to help healthcare organizations succeed.”
Visitors to the Allscripts booth #2612 can also discover new applications, available through the Allscripts Developer Program, and see demonstrations of a robust portfolio of solutions. For live updates from the conference, be sure to follow Allscripts on Twitter.
Allscripts (NASDAQ:MDRX) is a leader in healthcare information technology solutions that advance clinical, financial and operational results. Our innovative solutions connect people, places and data across an Open, Connected Community of Health™. Connectivity empowers caregivers to make better decisions and deliver better care for healthier populations. To learn more, visit www.allscripts.com, Twitter, YouTube and It Takes A Community: The Allscripts Blog.
© 2016 Allscripts Healthcare, LLC and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
Allscripts, the Allscripts logo, and other Allscripts marks are trademarks of Allscripts Healthcare, LLC and/or its affiliates. All other products are trademarks of their respective holders, all rights reserved. Reference to these products is not intended to imply affiliation with or sponsorship of Allscripts Healthcare, LLC and/or its affiliates.