Redwood City, Calif., March 02, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica, the world’s number one independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data, today announced that Info Security Products Guide, the industry’s leading information security research and advisory guide, has named Informatica a Grand Winner in the 2016 Global Excellence Awards. Additionally, Informatica earned numerous honors for Secure@Source – the industry’s first Data Security Intelligence solution – Big Data Security and Data Masking. The security industry celebrated its 12th Annual Global Excellence Awards in San Francisco by honoring excellence in every facet of the industry, including products, people behind the successes and best companies.
More than 50 judges from a broad spectrum of industry voices from around the world participated and their average scores determined the 2016 Global Excellence Awards Finalists and Winners. Winners were announced Monday evening, February 29, during an awards dinner and presentation, which took place during the RSA Conference 2016.
“The Info Security Products Guide Awards recognize innovation and honor products that the judges believe will make a material impact for businesses,” said Amit Walia, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica. “These awards validate that Informatica is addressing a major need in the marketplace with our Data Security Intelligence and data-centric security solutions. Our dominance in this prestigious awards program is a testament to our innovation in security and our commitment to providing solutions that help organizations safeguard their critical data assets.”
Winning a total of 10 awards, Informatica was named a Grand Winner and won Gold and Silver in several categories. Additionally, Informatica took home all the honors in three categories: “Best Security Software,” “Database Security, Data Leakage-Protection/Extrusion Prevention” and “Innovation in Enterprise Security.” Specifically, Informatica
- Won three awards in “Best Security Software,” with Secure@Source winning Gold and Enterprise Data Masking and Informatica Big Data Security winning Silver.
- Won three awards in “Database Security, Data Leakage-Protection/Extrusion Prevention,” with Informatica Big Data Security winning Gold and Enterprise Data Masking and Secure@Source winning Silver.
- Won two awards in “Innovation in Enterprise Security,” with Informatica Big Data Security winning Gold and Enterprise Data Masking winning Silver.
- Won Gold for Secure@Source in the “Security Products and Solutions for Enterprise (Large)” category.
This marks the fifth year in a row that Informatica has won an Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Award. Informatica Secure@Source, was named the Gold winner of the 2015 Global Excellence Awards in the New Products and Services category. In 2014, two Informatica Data Security and Privacy products were honored at the Info Security Products Guide Awards reception, during the RSA Conference.
- Informatica Dynamic Data Masking won the Gold Award for Database Security, Data Leakage Prevention/Extrusion Prevention
- Informatica Cloud Test Data Management and Security won the Bronze Award for New Products
In 2013, Informatica won the Silver Award for Best Security Software, and in 2012, Informatica Dynamic Data Masking was named Most Innovative Security Product of the Year.
- Read the February 17 news release, “Informatica Secure@Source v2 Delivers Unrivalled Visibility into Sensitive Data Risks.”
- Learn more about Informatica’s Data Security and Privacy solutions here.
- Read more here about how Secure@Source is able to identify, analyze, detect and monitor sensitive data risks.
- The Ponemon Institute report: Data Breaches and Sensitive Data Risk – Download full report here.
- View an infographic, summarizing key findings from the Ponemon Institute’s global survey of CIOs and IT security professionals on “Data Breaches and Sensitive Data Risk.”
- EMA Analyst Report: Building Data-Centric Security with Informatica Secure@Source to Gain Actionable Insights into Sensitive Data Risk – Download full report here.
- Read Robert Shield’s blog, “Secure@Source Version 2: Data Visibility, Risk and Financial Impact” here.
- Read Gary Patterson’s blog, “Why you need Data Security Intelligence” here.
Tweet this: News: @Informatica named a Grand Winner in Global Excellence Awards by @infosecuritypg http://infa.media/pr160302a #RSAC
About Info Security Products Guide
Info Security Products Guide plays a vital role in keeping end-users informed of the choices they can make when it comes to protecting their digital resources. It is written expressly for those who are adamant on staying informed of security threats and the preventive measure they can take. You will discover a wealth of information in this guide including tomorrow's technology today, best deployment scenarios, people and technologies shaping info security and market research reports that facilitate in making the most pertinent security decisions. The Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards recognize and honor excellence in all areas of information security. To learn more, visit www.infosecurityproductsguide.com and stay secured.
Informatica is a leading independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. More than 5,800 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and on the internet, including social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at https://linkedin.com/company/informatica, https://twitter.com/Informatica and https://facebook.com/InformaticaLLC.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Secure@Source, Informatica Big Data Security and Informatica Data Masking are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.