FAYETTEVILLE, N.C., March 7, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- More than simply a tourist destination, Fayetteville is the destination where North Carolina ratified United States Constitution. Today, Fayetteville and Cumberland County offer a special location for meetings, events or conferences. There's a patriotic spirit running through the nine towns that encompass the community that unites everyone – whether you live here or are just passing through. Whether your event is a few hours or a few days, you'll find a wide range of unique activities and amenities your attendees need.
Five Reasons to Choose Fayetteville/Cumberland County:
1. Accommodation and Meeting Facility Diversity– With more than 60 hotel properties with 6500 sleeping rooms, Cumberland County boasts a 100,000 sq. ft Crown Complex (http://www.visitfayettevillenc.com/eventplanners/crowncenter ), with four facilities sub-dividable for a range of meeting sizes. The community also holds four convention hotels and 12 others with meeting space. (http://www.visitfayettevillenc.com/accommodations/meeting) Off-site meeting facilities include the Cape Fear Botanical Garden which includes a 9,000 square foot orangery and 52 foot cupola.
2. Patriotic Cumberland County offers plenty of things to do. In addition to ZipQuest, one of the top 10 Zip Lines in the United States, the area offers museums, nightlife, theater, outdoor recreation and hundreds of free events throughout the year. For more, head over to www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com
3. Fort Bragg – Fort Bragg offers a range of activities for both military and non-military affiliated meetings. If you are hoping to visit Fort Bragg, make this site your first stop. (http://www.visitfayettevillenc.com/military_in_cumberland_county)
4. Dining Options – Cumberland County offers more than 500 places to choose for the perfect place to eat. Thanks to our diverse community, we have a plethora of international restaurant options to choose from. Some are highlighted on our International Cuisine Trail. (http://www.visitfayettevillenc.com/restaurants)
5. Location. Cumberland County is centrally located on the east coast of North Carolina. We are half-way between New York and Florida. We are also North Carolina's largest city located just off of the main N/S thoroughfare, I-95. Come see Americana around every corner.
Want more information? Get a Destination Guide (http://request.visitfayettevillenc.com/), Contact our Sales Department (http://www.visitfayettevillenc.com/about/staff.html) or call 888-98-HEROES .
Pictures to accompany story:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qn9ba9xt03mmo6z/AAAZU_34-sCG5-D9kWfG8Eeta?dl=0
ABOUT THE FAYETTEVILLE AREA CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU
The FACVB is a private, not-for-profit organization responsible for positioning Fayetteville/Cumberland County as a destination for conventions, sporting events and individual travel. For additional information, visit www.VisitFayettevilleNC.com or call 1-888-98-HEROES.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=39314
CONTACT: Melody Foote Fayetteville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau firstname.lastname@example.org 910-483-5311
Source:Fayetteville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau