San Francisco, March 10, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global waterproof breathable textiles market is expected to reach USD 1.73 billion by 2020. Increasing preference towards high-performance as well as comfortable apparel is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. Additionally, rising consumer disposable income and growing fitness awareness are also expected to favorably impact waterproof breathable textiles market growth. The global market has become technologically advanced as a result of plasma and silicon-based technologies. Increasing use of recycled PET bottles to manufacture waterproof breathable fabrics is also expected to fuel global market growth.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Waterproof Breathable Textiles (WBT) Market Analysis By Textile (Densely Woven, Membrane, Coated), By Product (Garments, Footwear, Gloves), By Application (Active Sportswear) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/waterproof-breathable-textiles-wbt-market-analysis-by-textile-densely-woven-membrane-coated-by-product-garments-footwear-gloves-by-application-active-sportswear-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Changes in consumer interest or consumer preferences in outdoor activities may pose a challenge to waterproof breathable textile market growth. In addition, changes in fashion trends may also have a great impact on product demand. The market is characterized by certain risks as the business requires companies to anticipate consumer preferences, as decision regarding product designs are often made in advance to consumer acceptance, which may hamper market growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Membranes are expected to be a high growth segment over the forecast period owing to their capability to provide protection from UV-radiation, airborne pollutants and temperature variations.
- On account of surging demand for waterproof breathable textiles in active sportswear, garments are expected to remain the dominant segment over the forecast period. Waterproof breathable textiles offer high performance as against traditional fabrics, thereby making them popular among consumers.
- Waterproof breathable textiles demand in the active sportswear segment can be attributed to the rise in demand for antimicrobial, antiviral, dirt/stain/dew resistant fabrics.
- Europe was the largest regional market in 2013, and accounted for over 30% of the global market in the same year. Presence of several key industry players is expected to fuel regional market growth over the forecast period.
- Key market players include W. L. Gore & Associates, eVent (General Electric), Polartec and SympaTex. Industry participants focus on offering environmentally viable products that are recyclable, PTFE-free and PFC-free. W. L. Gore & Associates was the market leader in 2013. The company emphasizes on maintaining a tight control over its manufacturing process for all products in which its fabric was used, ensuring quality and creating entry barriers.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/textiles
Waterproof Breathable Textile Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Densely Woven
Waterproof Breathable Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Download Sample Copy Of This Report At http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/waterproof-breathable-textiles-wbt-market-analysis-by-textile-densely-woven-membrane-coated-by-product-garments-footwear-gloves-by-application-active-sportswear-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020#tabs-4
Waterproof Breathable Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Active Sportswear
Waterproof Breathable Textile Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Other Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Home Audio Equipment Market –
- Liquid Crystal Polymers (LCP) Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights