DALLAS, March 14, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Celebrate the arrival of Spring at Fogo de Chão with innovative new menu items featuring the season’s best flavors and ingredients. A vibrant time of year when foods yield their best crops throughout the United States and Brazil, the expert Gaucho chefs at Fogo have hand-selected and crafted new recipes featuring fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables combined in some unique ways. From the Market Table to the specialty cocktail menu, the new recipes have been introduced to complement Fogo’s delicious selection of perfectly seasoned, fire-roasted meats.
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at
“With warmer weather around the corner, our guests are ready to embrace Spring, and we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate the flavors of the season than at our award-winning restaurant,” said Larry Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Fogo de Chão. “Our new menu items are made using healthful, seasonal ingredients and are prepared with quality and care – the gaucho way.”
Fogo de Chão Spring menu additions include:
- Forbidden Black Rice Salad – The Forbidden Black Rice Salad is a unique dish that has been imported directly from the Market Tables of our Brazilian restaurants. Black rice is lightly seasoned with sea salt and garlic, and finished with ripe mangoes and fresh mint.
- Edamame Roasted Corn Salad – Tender edamame and roasted corn are tossed with fresh red cabbage and carrots in a house-made chimichurri dressing.
- Spring Pea & Asparagus Soup – Spring peas and asparagus are combined with grated parmesan, fresh garlic and lemon juice to create a refreshing soup that’s perfect for the season.
- Lavender Southside – Lavender and mint are muddled together and shaken over ice with Tanqueray gin and a house-made lime sour. After being strained into a glass, this cocktail is finished with a splash of club soda.
- Caramelized Pineapple Old Fashioned – Back by popular demand, our original take on a classic features fresh spring pineapple, which is caramelized and muddled with orange and decadent Luxardo gourmet maraschino cherries to enhance the caramel notes of Bulleit’s Rye Whiskey.
Seasonality is an important part of Fogo’s Market Table experience, dating all the way back to the family traditions in Brazil that inspire their cuisine. The new menu items celebrate Spring by exemplifying some of the best ingredients the season has to offer. For photos, brand recipes or to learn more, contact FOGO@icrinc.com.
About Fogo de Chão
Fogo de Chão is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized for more than 36 years in fire-roasting high-quality meats utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. The company was founded in 1979 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and expanded into the U.S. in 1997. There are currently 42 locations throughout Brazil, the United States, and Mexico, including locations in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago and Mexico City. For more information, visit Fogo.com or Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Check out “The Gaucho Way,” a documentary-style video shot through the eyes of real Fogo de Chão Brazilian gauchos and explores the restaurant’s deep cultural roots in Southern Brazil.
ICR for Fogo de Chão
Source:Fogo de Chao