San Francisco, March 15, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Global biosensors market is expected to reach USD 21.17 billion by 2020. Biosensors, owing to their capability to resolve various analytical issues in diverse areas such as medicine, pharmacology, food & agriculture safety and defense, are expected to witness a rapid growth in demand over the next six years. Increasing demand for specific detection techniques for early diagnosis in the healthcare sector is expected to drive the overall biosensors market during the forecast period. Furthermore, the expanding role of biosensors in the real world environment has led to a hike in R&D efforts globally.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On " Biosensors Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/biosensors-market-analysis-by-application-medical-applications-food-toxicity-detection-industrial-process-control-agriculture-environment-by-technology-thermal-biosensors-electrochemical-biosensors-piezoelectric-biosensors-optical-biosensors-by-end-use-home-healthcare-diagnostics-point-of-care-testing-food-industry-research-laboratories-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Optical biosensors are identified as the most lucrative technology segment of this market and are expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7.0% during the forecast period. Growing use of these sensors in the field of environmental scanning is one of the key drivers of this market. The recent progress in optical biosensors has made them apt for environmental scanning wherein they are used for quantifying and characterizing environmental pollutants.
- Biosensors are mostly used in devices enabled with point of care testing. The biosensors based point of care testing segment accounted for over 40% of the end-use market in 2013. Moreover, rising demand for portable and integrated technologies that can be operated by untrained personnel outside conventional laboratories is expected to improve usage rates.
- North America accounted for more than 35% of the market in 2013. Biosensors witness the highest market penetration rates in this region owing to the presence of high procedure volumes supported by favorable government initiatives. Moreover, rapidly growing demand for point of care and home healthcare markets in the U.S. is expected to drive regional market growth during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific has high future growth potential owing to the presence of large untapped opportunities in the emerging markets of India and China. Presence of favorable government initiatives aimed at improving environmental conditions and enhancing healthcare infrastructure in Japan and Australia are also expected to serve as a high impact rendering driver for this market.
- Key players of this market include Abbott Point of Care Inc., Roche, Lifescan Inc., Bayer AG, Medtronic Inc., Universal Biosensors, Siemens Healthcare and Nova Biomedical Corporation.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/medical-devices
Global Biosensors Application Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Medical Applications
- Cholesterol Testing
- Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Blood Gas Analyzer
- Pregnancy Testing
- Drug Discovery
- Infectious Diseases
- Food Toxicity Detection
- Industrial Process Control (Bioreactor)
Global Biosensors Technology Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Thermal Biosensors
- Electrochemical Biosensors
- Piezoelectric Biosensors
Global Biosensors End-use Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Home Healthcare Diagnostics
- Point of Care Testing
- Food Industry
- Research Laboratories
- Security and Bio-Defense
Biosensors Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports On “medical-devices”:
- South Korea Regional Anesthesia Disposables Market Outlook –
- South Korea Airway and Anesthesia Devices Market –
- India Respiratory Devices Market Outlook –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights