HUNTSVILLE, Ala., March 15, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) is showcasing key defense capabilities during the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Global Force Symposium, taking place March 15-17 at the Von Braun Center.
The symposium theme is "Building Readiness for Today and Tomorrow." To access the Northrop Grumman show press kit, go to: http://www.northropgrumman.com/MediaResources/MediaKits/AUSAGlobalForce/Pages/default.aspx
"The AUSA Global Force Symposium offers government and industry attendees a rich opportunity to exchange ideas on ways to address the Army's warfighting challenges," said Kevin Campbell, vice president and Huntsville corporate lead executive, Northrop Grumman.
In booth #601, Northrop Grumman will feature a broad range of capabilities to enable Army readiness for winning in a complex and evolving world:
- Inside the tent, a family of air and missile defense sensors and command-and-control programs including the Air and Missile Defense Workstation (AMDWS); Counter-Rocket, Artillery and Mortar (C-RAM) system; Forward Area Air Defense Command and Control (FAAD C2) system; Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System (IBCS); and the Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS). These programs were designed and developed to counter the set of threats against Army forces – from RAM to aircraft and helicopters to ballistic missiles.
- The Hellhound light reconnaissance vehicle provides unprecedented capabilities by combining the latest innovation from the automotive racing community with emerging weapons and electronics technologies to provide a uniquely flexible, high-performance platform for the Army's light forces.
- The Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army) is a state-of-the-art, Web-based, logistics and finance system based upon COTS software. Integrated with Department of Defense financial systems, GCSS-Army provides highly accurate cost management and financial visibility for tactical materiel and sustainment.
- A Northrop Grumman-developed aircraft-mounted airborne communications pod, Smart Node Pod, combined with a company Freedom™ multifunction, software-defined radio system serves as an aerial gateway to create an advanced tactical network and enable a more fully connected digital battlefield.
- The AN/APR-39D(V)2 is a radar warning receiver and electronic warfare management system designed to maximize survivability by improving aircrew situational awareness via interactive management of all onboard sensors and countermeasures.
- Common Infrared Countermeasures (CIRCM) is designed specifically to protect rotary wing and medium fixed wing aircraft from infrared (IR) missiles. The system is built on open architecture to work with existing hardware, simplify upgrades and keep lifecycle costs low.
- The Guardrail airborne signals intelligence (SIGINT) system builds on more than 40 years of success to provide operational commanders with near real-time intelligence, precise geo-location data and persistent targeting information.
- Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM) system protects large aircraft from man-portable missiles, increases crew-warning time, decreases false alarm rates and automatically counters advanced IR missile systems by directing a high-intensity modulated laser beam into the missile seeker, with no action required by the crew.
- The Slayer is a handheld precision targeting device providing dismounted observers the ability for target engagement with precision indirect fire munitions.
- Lightweight Laser Designator Rangefinder 2H provides high-resolution sensors for fire-support target acquisition and reconnaissance missions.
- Venom is a remote-controlled laser designator rangefinder telescoping mast system with an automatic tracking device that enables warfighters to designate moving and stationary targets while on the move from the safety of an armored vehicle.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Sudi Bruni 858-592-3407 email@example.com
Source:Northrop Grumman Corp.