San Francisco, March 16, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global biodefense market is expected to reach USD 13.33 billion by 2020. Growing R&D investments in the field of biotechnology coupled with increasing threat of bioterrorism and disease outbreaks is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, presence of favorable government initiatives for instance the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) is expected to boost market growth. This provision allows products to be marketed without an FDA approval in an emergency. Initiatives undertaken by the governments of developing nations for strengthening their respective biodefense product portfolio is expected to fuel future market growth.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Biodefense Market Analysis By Product (Anthrax, Smallpox, Botulism, Radiation/Nuclear, Ebola, Hemorrhagic Fever) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/biodefense-market-analysis-by-product-anthrax-smallpox-botulism-radiation-nuclear-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Biodefense against anthrax accounted for the largest market share owing to its inclusion in the class A highest priority pathogen category. This classification has resulted in the presence of extensive R&D investments aimed at new product development for strengthening national stockpiles. The global biodefense against anthrax was valued at over USD 2.0 billion in 2013.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North American was the most revenue generating region in 2013. Majority of the funding programs are organized by the U.S. based government and private establishments. Moreover, these establishments cater to procurement needs of foreign markets.
- The market is majorly governed by the initiatives undertaken in the U.S. The country is the largest revenue contributor and is expected to maintain its market position throughout the forecast period. Moreover, funding received by manufacturers under projects such as BioShield is expected to significantly boost demand over the next six years.
- Developed European countries such as Germany and the UK have designated funding policies in place pertaining to biodefense. In Switzerland, there is no set biodefense definition but the NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) protection and research is carried out in Spiez Laboratory of Federal office for Civil Protection, within the Federal Department of Defense. A total of 12 civilian facilities operate under the Swiss biodefense program.
- Key players of this market include Emergent BioSolutions, SIGA Technologies, Xoma Corporation and PharmAthene.
- Mergers and acquisitions and participating in government tenders are two key sustainability strategies adopted by market players. For instance, in December, 2014, Emergent BioSolutions announced that it had acquired the EV-035 series of molecules from Evolva Holding SA. The acquisition will further strengthen the company's biodefense line of products.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/pharmaceutical
Global Biodefense Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Radiation/Nuclear defense
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/research/biodefense-market-analysis-by-product-anthrax-smallpox-botulism-radiation-nuclear-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020#tabs-4
Biodefense Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore other reports Of “Pharmaceutical” at
- Diabetes Drugs Companies in China –
- Pain and Fever Relief Drugs Companies in China –
- Biopharmaceuticals Companies in China –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights