WASHINGTON, March 18, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Owning a business can help reduce the racial and ethnic wealth gap by allowing individuals to fulfill their potential to create wealth-generating opportunities for themselves and others. But entrepreneurs of color face roadblocks in securing financing and growing their businesses, which leaves their communities behind as well.
The third annual Color of Wealth Summit, themed "The Inclusion Revolution: Race, Economic Mobility, and the Future of America," will focus on strengthening entrepreneurship in communities of color. A roundtable will explore case studies and research on economic development in low-income communities and will discuss strategies to maintain and strengthen community wellbeing, improve health outcomes, provide equal opportunities, and improve neighborhood safety.
The summit also includes a Shark-a-Thon session, in which innovators will present ideas to bring low-income communities into the financial mainstream. A panel of business-savvy professionals will critique the concepts and offer feedback. The winner will receive a $10,000 planning grant from the JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
Members of the media can register by contacting Simona Combi at email@example.com or 202-735-0519.
WHAT: "The Inclusion Revolution: Race, Economic Mobility, and The Future of America"
WHERE: U.S. Capitol Complex
WHEN: April 21, 2016; 9:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m. EDT
• Congressman G.K. Butterfield, Chair, Congressional Black Caucus
• Michael S. Barr, Professor, University of Michigan Law School
• Janis Bowdler, Managing Director, JPMorgan Chase Foundation
• Alejandra Castillo, National Director, Minority Business Development Agency
• Héctor Cordero-Guzmán, Professor, City University of New York
• Gary Cunningham, President and CEO, Metropolitan Economic Development Association
• Connie Evans, President and CEO, Association for Enterprise Opportunity
• Christy Finsel, Executive Director, Oklahoma Native Assets Coalition
• Jerry Nemorin, Founder and CEO, LendStreet
• Jamal Simmons, Principal, The Raben Group
• Patricia Smith, Senior Policy Advisor, The Reinvestment Fund
• Ray Suarez, Host, Inside Story, Al Jazeera America
• Others to be announced
The Center for Global Policy Solutions is a 501(c)(3) think tank and action organization that labors in pursuit of a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive world in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive in safe and sustainable environments.
CONTACT: Simona Combi 202-735-0519 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Center for Global Policy Solutions