COPENHAGEN, Denmark, March 18, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zealand convenes for the company's ordinary Annual General Meeting for 2016 to be held on
Tuesday 19 April 2016 at 1.30pm CET
at the offices of Plesner Law Firm, Amerika Plads 37, 2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark.
Agenda for the Annual General Meeting:
- Management's report on the company's activities in the past financial year
- Approval of the audited Annual Report for 2015
- A resolution on the distribution of profit or the cover of loss in accordance with the approved Annual Report
- Election of members to the Board of Directors
- Election of auditor
- Authorization to Zealand to acquire its own shares
- Proposal from the Board of Directors to update the Articles of Association
- Proposal from the Board of Directors to update the company's remuneration policy and the overall guidelines for incentive pay
- Proposal from the Board of Directors to approve the fee to the Board of Directors for the financial year 2016
- Election of members to the Nomination Committee
- Any other business
The Annual General Meeting will be held in English.
Prior to the meeting, at 12:30 pm, Zealand's President and CEO, Britt Meelby Jensen will in Danish present the management report on the company's activities in the past financial year. Shareholders who wish to participate in this Danish presentation are requested to register by name directly with Zealand either via email to email@example.com, stating 'Registration' in the subject line, or by calling + 45 88 77 36 00.
After the Annual General Meeting, there will be a light serving and the opportunity to speak with members of Zealand's senior management team.
The notice to convene for the Annual General Meeting is enclosed as appendix to this announcement and the following should be noted:
Agenda item no. 4) Election of members to the Board of Directors:
All members of Zealand's Board of Directors elected by the General Meeting are elected on an annual basis. The Board proposes for this Annual General Meeting the re-election of:
- Peter Benson
- Rosemary Crane
- Catherine Moukheibir
- Alain Munoz
- Martin Nicklasson
- Michael J. Owen
The proposed candidates are recommended by Zealand's Nomination Committee, and a profile description for each candidate can be found in Exhibit 1 to the enclosed notice to convene.
Source: Zealand Pharma A/S