San Francisco, March 21, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global VAM market is expected to reach USD 9.86 billion by 2020. Increasing adhesive demand from key industries such as construction, automotive and furniture is expected to drive VAM market growth. Increasing paints & coatings demand, particularly in Asia Pacific and Latin America, is also expected to further impact market demand positively over the next six years. Stringent environmental regulations and volatile raw material prices are expected to remain key challenges for market participants over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM) Market Analysis By Application (Polyvinyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/vinyl-acetate-monomer-vam-market-analysis-by-application-polyvinyl-acetate-polyvinyl-alcohol-ethylene-vinyl-acetate-ethylene-vinyl-alcohol-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Increasing shale gas exploration in the U.S. is expected to benefit the market in terms of ethylene supply, which is a key VAM feedstock and is expected to benefit the market supply. Polyvinyl acetate (PVA) and polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) were the major application segments which together accounted for over 85% of total market volume in 2013.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global VAM market demand was 5,886.4 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 7,934.2 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Increasing use of photovoltaic cells is expected to drive ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) demand which in turn is expected to have a positive impact on the global VAM market. VAM demand from EVA was valued USD 485.9 million in 2013.
- Ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH) is expected to register the highest growth rate over the forecast period owing to its increasing demand in packaging, polymer production and plastic bottling applications. VAM demand for EVOH is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 5.1% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific was the largest consuming region and accounted for 47.1% of the total market volume in 2013. Increasing construction spending coupled with growing automotive production in emerging markets of China and India is expected to drive the regional market. Asia Pacific is also expected to witness the highest growth rate over the next five years. The region is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 4.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Global VAM market is moderately concentrated with top four companies; Celanese Corp., Diaren Chemical Corp., Sinopec and LyondellBasell, accounting for just over 50% of the total market in 2013. Competition in the market is primarily characterized by pricing and service offering. Other major companies operating in the market include Dow Chemical Co., Kuraray, Sipchem, Ningxia Yinglite, Wacker Chemie, and Japan VAM & POVAL.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM) Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Polyvinyl Acetate
- Polyvinyl Alcohol
- Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
- Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/research/vinyl-acetate-monomer-vam-market-analysis-by-application-polyvinyl-acetate-polyvinyl-alcohol-ethylene-vinyl-acetate-ethylene-vinyl-alcohol-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020#tabs-4
Global Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM) Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse All Upcoming Reprots By Radiant Insights,Inc –
- Disinfectants Companies in China –
- Pneumonia Treatment Drugs Companies in China –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights