New York, NY – March 23, 2016 – The Sohn Conference Foundation, in partnership with CNBC, today announced the speaker lineup for its 21st Annual Sohn Investment Conference and 3rd Annual Next Wave Sohn, to be held May 4, 2016 at Lincoln Center in New York City. Since its inception in 1995 as the original investment idea conference, the Sohn Conference remains the world's most anticipated investment event, convening the global financial community for an exciting day of market insights, while raising critical funds to combat pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases. The Sohn Conference has raised more than $65 million to date.
"The Sohn Investment Conference has been the industry pioneer for more than 20 years, and the caliber of our speakers sets the standard for excellence globally," said Douglas Hirsch, Co-Chair of The Sohn Conference Foundation. "The remarkable growth of the conference has allowed the Foundation to fund the most innovative initiatives that are creating life-saving results for children with cancer around the world."
"We are thrilled to partner with The Sohn Conference Foundation for this important event, which not only raises money for a very worthy cause, but is also a dynamic and exciting news-packed conference," said Nikhil Deogun, SVP and Editor in Chief of CNBC Business News. "Through CNBC's global reach and multiple platforms, we look forward to amplifying the Sohn Conference's impact in the investment community and beyond."
The speaker lineup for the 21st Annual Sohn Investment Conference:
• Dan Ariely, James B. Duke Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics, Duke University
• Carson Block, Chief Investment Officer, Muddy Waters Capital LLC
• James Chanos, Founder and Managing Partner, Kynikos Associates LP
• Richard Deitz, Founder, President and Fund Manager, VR Capital Group Ltd.
• Stanley Druckenmiller, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Duquesne Family Office LLC
• David Einhorn, President, Greenlight Capital, Inc.
• Adam Fisher, Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Commonwealth Opportunity Capital GP LLC
• Jeffrey Gundlach, Chief Executive Officer, DoubleLine Capital LP
• John Khoury, Founder and Managing Partner, Long Pond Capital, LP
• Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder and CEO, Social Capital LP
• Larry Robbins, Founder, Portfolio Manager and CEO, Glenview Capital Management LLC
• Zachary Schreiber, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, PointState Capital LP
• Jeffrey Smith, Managing Member, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Investment Officer, Starboard Value LP
In addition to the flagship afternoon program, this year's conference will feature the 3rd Annual Next Wave Sohn. Next Wave Sohn is the premier platform for the brightest rising stars in the global financial community to share their best investment picks, paralleling the distinctive format of the Sohn Investment Conference. Conference attendees are welcome to RSVP for Next Wave Sohn at no additional cost, and there will also be a limited quantity of tickets available for Next Wave Sohn in isolation.
"Next Wave Sohn builds on the Sohn Investment Conference's long history of providing opportunities for the best investors to share their insights, all to benefit a worthy cause," said Graham Duncan, Board Member of The Sohn Conference Foundation and Co-Chair of Next Wave Sohn. "We have recruited a stellar lineup that represents some of the top talent who have launched new funds in the last several years, and we look forward to hearing their investment ideas."
The speaker lineup for Next Wave Sohn:
• David D'Alessandro, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, CMDTY Capital Management, LP
• Nicholas Danaher, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Domando Capital Management LP
• Genevieve Kahr, Founder and Managing Partner, Ailanthus Capital Management, LP
• Davide Leone, Founder, Davide Leone and Partners Investment Company LLP
• David Rosen, Portfolio Manager, Rubric Capital Management, LLC
• Nick Tiller, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Precocity Capital LP
For more information about the Sohn Investment Conference, visit http://www.sohnconference.org.
About the Sohn Conference Foundation:
The Sohn Conference Foundation is dedicated to the treatment and cure of pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases. The Foundation supports cutting-edge medical research, state-of-the-art research equipment, and innovative programs to ensure that children with cancer survive and thrive. The Foundation raises its funds through premier investment conferences and special events, including its renowned annual New York Sohn Investment Conference. Founded in 1995, the Conference honors the memory of Ira Sohn, a Wall Street professional who lost his battle with cancer at age 29. The Foundation has expanded its reach to include the Sohn London Conference, Sohn San Francisco Conference, Sohn Canada Conference, Sohn Hong Kong Conference, and Sohn Tel Aviv Conference. To date, the Foundation has raised more than $65 million. More information on the Sohn Conference Foundation can be found here: www.sohnconference.org.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD , CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBC Universal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/cnbc/.