San Francisco, March 28, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global WTE market is expected to reach USD 37.64 billion by 2020. Strong shift in trend towards energy security around the world coupled with decreasing landfill area is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global WTE market. Government support in the form of tax benefits and government subsidies are also expected to have positive influence on the market growth over the next six years. Threat from other established renewable energy sources particularly solar, wind and hydro is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants. In addition, high upfront cost associated with establishment of WTE plants is also expected to hamper the market growth.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Waste To Energy (WTE) Market Analysis By Technology (Thermal, Biological) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/waste-to-energy-wte-market-analysis-by-technology-thermal-biological-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Thermal WTE technologies emerged as the leading WTE technology and accounted for 88.2% of total market revenue in 2013. Operational ease and simple process associated with thermal technologies have been major factors driving its market. Flue gases emitted through these technologies have been a major issue for the market growth. Technological advancements such as flue gas desulfurization are expected to counter such challenges and propel growth for thermal WTE technologies. Biological technologies are expected to witness the highest growth rate over the forecast period. The segment is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 9.7% from 2014 to 2020. Biological methods are considered to be environmental friendly compared to thermal technologies which is expected to help them penetrate the market.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global WTE market was valued at USD 25,320.0 million in 2013 and is expected to reach USD 37,642.8 million, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2014 to 2020.
- Europe was the largest regional market and accounted for 47.6% of total market revenue in 2013. Increasing industrial waste coupled with EU Waste Legislation have been major factors driving the regional market. The regional market is characterized by increasing WTE technology adoption by countries such as Germany, Austria and Netherlands.
- Asia Pacific is expected to register highest growth rate over the forecast period owing to increasing WTE technology penetration in Japan. The region is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 7.5% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing industrial waste in China and India on account of growing industrialization rates coupled with government initiatives to promote sustainable energy generation is expected to drive the regional market. Low cost technology development in China and India is expected to pose challenge to established companies.
- Major companies in the market strive to improvise technological processes in order to reduce installation costs. Some of the major market participants in the global WTE market include C&G Environmental Protection Holdings Ltd., Foster Wheeler A.G., Veolia Environment, Suez Environment S.A., Waste Management Inc., KEPPEL SEGHERS and Babcock & Wilcox Co.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/energy
Global Waste to Energy (WTE) Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Global Waste to Energy (WTE) Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Household Appliances Industry –
- Food Processing Industry –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights