YOKNEAM, Israel, March 30, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lumenis Ltd., the world’s largest energy-based medical device company for aesthetic, surgical and ophthalmic applications, proudly announced today that the company’s laser aesthetic portfolio will be the focus of more than 20 presentations at the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) Annual Conference, being held March 30 to April 3, 2016 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA. This also includes new data from two clinical studies conducted using the latest breakthrough in hair reduction technology, the LightSheer® INFINITY™ laser system.
As a leader in energy-based technologies, Lumenis’ aesthetic family of products offers solutions that have revolutionized procedures in aesthetic medicine. The following platforms will be highlighted as part of more than 20 talks over the duration of the conference (see link below for exact dates, times and locations):
- UltraPulse®, the most powerful CO2 laser in aesthetic medicine, with its proprietary UltraPulse® technology which enables the deepest penetration with the lowest energy and used for the most advanced skin resurfacing and scar revision treatments.
- AcuPulse™, a MultiMode™ SuperPulse™ CO2 laser for ultimate versatility in CO2 laser treatments.
- M22™, a multi-application platform for the treatment of over 30 skin conditions and hair removal, including four advanced and clinically proven technologies: IPL with Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT™), Long Pulsed Nd:YAG, Q-Switched Nd:YAG and ResurFX™
- ResurFX™, the only true fractional non-ablative system for skin resurfacing and stretch marks treatment*. ResurFX features a 1565nm fiber laser and a unique CoolScan™ scanner enabling scanning in one-pass and constant contact cooling.
- LightSheer® INFINITY™, the most advanced dual wavelength hair reduction system in the market featuring Gold Standard 805nm wavelength and 1060nm wavelength for darker skin types. The system integrates the Chilltip™ contact cooling and HIT-vacuum assisted high speed technology enabling optimal patient comfort management and treatment speed.
Additionally, the new clinical evaluation data will be presented during the following sessions:
|Sunday, April 3, 2016|
|9:22 AM – 9:28 AM||Clinical Evaluation of 1060nm Diode Laser Vacuum-Assisted Handpiece without Topical Anesthetic in all Fitzpatrick Skin Types- Multi-Site Study|
|Dr. Edward Ross, Dr. Suzanne Kilmer, Dr. Amanda Lloyd|
|Scripps Clinic, San Diego, CA & Laser and Skin Surgery Med Group, Sacramento, CA|
|Room: Hynes Auditorium|
|10:22 AM – 10:26 AM||Clinical Evaluation of a Novel Diode Wavelength (1060nm) for the Treatment of Hypertrichosis|
|Dr. Haider Bangash, Dr. Omar Ibrahimi|
|Connecticut Skin Institute, Stamford, CT|
|Room: Hynes 103|
“Laser hair removal is one of the largest aesthetic indications globally. The ability to perform a safe and effective treatment has had its challenges in the past, particularly in darker skin types. This multi-site clinical evaluation explored the use of the vacuum-assisted handpiece of the 1060nm diode laser, without the use of topical anesthetics, on various skin types,” said Dr. E. Victor Ross, Dermatologist at Scripps Clinic. “We’re looking forward to sharing the results with our peers at ASLMS.”
“We’re honored that our platforms will be featured in so many presentations, along with the announcement of new clinical data, all of which will spark conversations on best practices and better patient outcomes,” said Tzipi Ozer-Armon, CEO of Lumenis. “We continue to invest in advanced, unique and versatile technologies that enable ever improving clinical results that impact our patient’s quality of life. I would like to take this opportunity to thank our KOLs, with whom we work closely and diligently in order to continuously improve our technologies and protocols and translate it to better patient care.”
To learn more about Lumenis’ technologies, visit the Lumenis booth #401.
For a full list of sessions featuring Lumenis products, including dates, times and location, please visit: http://www.lumenis.com/Solutions/Aesthetic/Events/american-society-of-laser-medicine-and-surgery-conference-aslms.
*ResurFX is cleared by the USA Food and Drug Administration for coagulation of soft tissue and skin resurfacing.
Lumenis is a global leader in the field of minimally-invasive clinical solutions for the Surgical, Ophthalmology and Aesthetic markets, and is a world-renowned expert in developing and commercializing innovative energy-based technologies, including Laser, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Radio-Frequency (RF). For nearly 50 years, Lumenis' ground-breaking products have redefined medical treatments and have set numerous technological and clinical gold-standards. Lumenis has successfully created solutions for previously untreatable conditions, as well as designed advanced technologies that have revolutionized existing treatment methods. For more information visit: www.lumenis.com.
For further information: Glenn Silver Lazar Partners Ltd. (646) 871-8495