San Francisco, April 04, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global air traffic control equipment market is expected to reach USD 4.23 billion by 2020. Need for construction of new airports, and expansion & modernization of the existing ones to address increasing passenger & freight traffic is expected to increase air traffic control equipment demand. Advancements in microelectronics have provided ample growth opportunities for the air traffic control equipment market and further innovations in the domain are expected to buoy market growth over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Air Traffic Control (ATC) Equipment Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/air-traffic-control-atc-equipment-market-analysis-by-product-communications-equipment-navigation-equipment-surveillance-equipment-by-application-commercial-aircraft-private-aircraft-military-aircraft-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Owing to continuous need for monitoring air traffic, interruption in the activity is not feasible which makes replacement of obsolete ATC equipment a cumbersome task. In order to maintain the flow of traffic monitoring, new equipment is operated in parallel with the existing one before the latter is phased out completely, which poses a challenge to air traffic control equipment market growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The communications air traffic control equipment market accounted for a high revenue share in 2013 and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period owing to increased need for replacement of obsolete equipment with new ones equipped with enhanced digital data communication.
- The military aircraft segment is expected to witness high demand throughout the forecast period owing to the mission-critical nature of the domain. In October 2014, Aquila, a joint venture between Thales and NATS was awarded a USD 2.36 billion contract by the UK Ministry of Defense (MOD) for transforming terminal air traffic management at military airfields.
- Europe and North America were the major air traffic control equipment regional markets in 2013, which can be attributed to increased government efforts pertaining to securing air traffic and aircraft. Asia Pacific is expected to witness high growth due to increased initiatives for efficient infrastructure.
- Leading players in the air traffic control equipment market have emphasized heavily on the enhancing equipment reliability to address minimum tolerance levels. Incorporation of effective collision avoidance system in ATC equipment is expected to be a key focus area for countering increased air traffic. Manufacturers and developers upgrade landing and navigation aids periodically to maintain safety and improve efficiency.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/technology-and-media
Air Traffic Control Equipment Product Outlook (USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Communications Equipment
- Navigation Equipment
- Surveillance Equipment
Air Traffic Control Equipment Application Outlook (USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Commercial Aircraft
- Private Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
Get Sample Report Copy @ www.radiantinsights.com/research/air-traffic-control-atc-equipment-market-analysis-by-product-communications-equipment-navigation-equipment-surveillance-equipment-by-application-commercial-aircraft-private-aircraft-military-aircraft-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020#tabs-4
Air Traffic Control Equipment Regional Outlook (USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Petroleum Resin Industry –
- Lubricating Oil Additive Industry –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights