San Francisco, April 05, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global circulating tumor cells market is expected to reach USD 2.28 billion by 2020. Growing prevalence of cancer has heightened the need for effective and early diagnosis. Circulating tumor cells cater to this heightened need and are therefore, expected to witness a surge in demand during the forecast period. Majority of cancer deaths are due to circulating tumor cells and an early diagnosis of the same is expected to increase survival rates. Targeted therapy in cancer has large untapped opportunities and therefore, entails extensive R&D investments aimed at new product development. However, high procedure costs and lack of commercialized products are expected to impede market growth during the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/circulating-tumor-cells-market-analysis-by-technology-filtration-centrifugation-immunological-amp-immunomagnetic-optical-molecular-tumor-cell-enrichment-amp-detection-by-application-prostate-cancer-breast-cancer-colorectal-cancer-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Tumor cell detection was the leading product segment in 2013 primarily owing to the advantages associated with therapeutic monitoring and high procedure prices. Its market is expected to reach an estimated value of over USD 250.0 million by 2020.
- Molecular technique emerged as the largest tumor cell detection segment in 2013. This technique holds several advantages over optical tumor cell detection technique and therefore, witnesses higher usage rates. Notable advantages of molecular tumor cell detection techniques include higher sensitivity and high-throughput analysis. Moreover, the introduction of new products such as CellSearch by Janssen Pharmaceutical is expected to drive segment growth.
- Tumor cell enrichment is also expected to witness lucrative growth over the next six years. The market is primarily driven by rapidly growing demand for prognostic technologies coupled with the presence of high patient unmet needs.
- Immunological and immunomagnetic techniques associated with tumor cell enrichment were the largest market in 2013, accounting for a share of over 50.0%. It is the most commonly used diagnostic technique and therefore, hold high market penetration rates.
- North America was the most revenue generating market in 2013. Presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, growing prevalence of cancer and relatively larger presence of commercialized products are some factors attributing to its market position.
- The Asia Pacific circulating tumor cells market holds lucrative future growth opportunities. High prevalence of unmet patient needs, constantly improving healthcare infrastructure and increasing healthcare expenditure levels in the emerging markets of India and China are some factors accounting for its market attractiveness.
- Some key players of the circulating tumor cells market include AVIVA BioSciences Corporation, Silicon Biosystems S.p.A, Advanced Cell Diagnostics Inc, Celula Inc., Epic Sciences Inc., AdnaGen AG, Vitatex Inc, Rarecells Inc. and Fluxion Biosciences Inc.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/biotechnology
Global Circulating Tumor Cells Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Tumor Cell Enrichment
- Immunological and Immunomagnetic
- Tumor Cell Detection
Global Circulating Tumor Cells Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Others (pancreatic, lung, ovarian cancer)
Circulating Tumor Cells Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Nylon Industry –
- Polypropylene (PP) Industry –
- Motor Vehicles Industry –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights