San Francisco, April 06, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global CoQ10 market is expected to reach USD 849.5 million by 2020. Growth of personal care industry particularly in BRIC nations is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global CoQ10 market. Increasing penetration of CoQ10 in medical industry is also expected to have positive influence on market growth. Constantly fluctuating CoQ10 prices is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/coenzyme-q10-coq10-market-analysis-by-application-dietary-supplements-pharmaceuticals-cosmetics-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Dietary supplements emerged as the leading application for CoQ10 and accounted for 59.9% of total market volume in 2013. Increasing health concerns is expected to drive the demand for antioxidants and energy supplements which in turn is expected to drive CoQ10 demand over the next six years. Pharmaceutical is expected to be the most lucrative application segment and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 9.9% from 2014 to 2020. Cardiac benefits of CoQ10 coupled with increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases across the globe are major factors driving its demand in pharmaceutical applications.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global CoQ10 market demand was 624.8 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 1,168 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America was the largest regional market for CoQ10 and accounted for over half of total market volume in 2013. Increasing application of CoQ10 in cosmetics such as anti-ageing and sunscreen lotions particularly in the U.S. is expected to drive the regional market. Non recognition of CoQ10 in pharmaceuticals by U.S. FDA is expected to remain a key challenge for the regional market.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness highest growth rate over the next six years. The region is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 10.1% from 2014 to 2020. Growth of major end-use industries such as pharmaceuticals and cosmetics particularly in emerging markets of China and India is expected to drive the regional CoQ10 market. Increasing health awareness is also expected to have a positive influence on regional CoQ10 demand.
- The global CoQ10 market witnessed drop in prices from 2009 to 2014 on account of emergence of large number of local manufacturers in China. The prices are expected to increase over the forecast period owing to the exit of Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co. from the market which has substantially limited supply.
- Some of the major companies operating the global market include ZMC-USA, Kaneka Corporation, Gnosis S.p.A., DSM Nutritional Products, PharmaEssentiA Corporation and Xiamen Kingdomway Co.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global CoQ10 Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Dietary Supplements
Global CoQ10 Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Powder Coating Markets –
- Catalysts Markets –
- Hydrogen Peroxide Markets –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights