Evry, France, April 6, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Bioenergies (Alternext Paris: ALGBE) announces having purified bio-isobutene to 99.77%, a polymer-grade level.
Global Bioenergies routinely produces isobutene batches using its industrial pilot located in Pomacle-Bazancourt, eastern France. Up to now, 95% purity was reached, a level sufficient for several applications, such as fuels and paints in particular.
For the first time, with the help of Processium, a chemical engineering company headquartered in Lyon, France, Global Bioenergies was able to purify batches to a much higher level, reaching 99.77%, the remaining 0.23% being mostly composed of CO2, an inert gas known to be neutral in most chemical reactions.
Thomas Buhl, Head of business development at Global Bioenergies, comments: "Several applications in the polymers business (rubbers, plastics.) require high-purity isobutene, and 99.77% corresponds to the polymer-grade standard. We expect that our high-purity
bio-isobutene will meet the specifications of the industrial leaders involved in converting isobutene into polymers, and that they will be able to use their existing polymerization processes, designed for fossil feedstocks, without any significant change. The higher the purity, the higher the value: targeting higher-value markets is especially important in the present oil and gas environment. "
About GLOBAL BIOENERGIES
Global Bioenergies is one of the few companies worldwide, and the only one in Europe, that is developing a process to convert renewable resources into hydrocarbons through fermentation. The Company initially focused its efforts on the production of isobutene, one of the most important petrochemical building blocks that can be converted into fuels, plastics, organic glass and elastomers. Global Bioenergies continues to improve the performances of its process, operates its industrial pilot, has begun the construction of its demo plant in Germany, and prepares the first full-scale plant through a Joint-Venture with Cristal Union, named IBN-One. The company also replicated its achievement to propylene and butadiene, two members of the gaseous olefins family, key molecules at the heart of petrochemical industry. Global Bioenergies is listed on Alternext, Euronext Paris (FR0011052257 - ALGBE).
Should you like to be kept informed, subscribe to our news feed on
Follow us on Twitter: @GlobalBioenergi
Head of Business Development
Phone: +33 (0)1 64 98 20 50
PRESS RELEASE http://hugin.info/166909/R/2001320/738371.pdf