WASHINGTON, April 6, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Closing the racial gap in privately held firms with employees would add 9 million more jobs and $300 billion in additional worker income to the U.S. economy, an upcoming report from the Center for Global Policy Solutions finds.
The report, to be released on April 20 at a news conference, marks the kick off of the 2016 Color of Wealth Summit, which will discuss strengthening entrepreneurship and economic development in communities of color, and will take place on April 21 at the Capitol Visitor Center.
News conference for the release of the report, "The Color of Entrepreneurship: Why the Racial Gap among Firms Costs the U.S. Billions"
WHERE: The House Triangle, in the North-East corner of the Capitol
WHEN: April 20, 2016, 9:30-10:30 a.m. EDT
- Hon. Brenda Lawrence, Member, U.S. House of Representatives
- Maya Rockeymoore, President and CEO, Center for Global Policy Solutions
- Algernon Austin, Senior Research Fellow, Center for Global Policy Solutions
2016 Color of Wealth Summit
"The Inclusion Revolution: Race, Economic Mobility, and The Future of America"
WHERE: U.S. Capitol Complex, Congressional Auditorium
WHEN: April 21, 2016; 9:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m. EDT
- Hon. G.K. Butterfield, Chair, Congressional Black Caucus
- Hon. Ted Lieu, Member, U.S. House of Representatives
- Brandon Andrews, Values Partnerships
- Michael S. Barr, University of Michigan Law School
- Gil Berry, Gil Berry and Associates, Inc.
- Janis Bowdler, JPMorgan Chase Foundation
- Alejandra Castillo, Minority Business Development Agency
- Natalie Madeira Cofield, Walker's Legacy
- Héctor Cordero-Guzmán, City University of New York
- Gary Cunningham, Metropolitan Economic Development Association
- Connie Evans, Association for Enterprise Opportunity
- Christy Finsel, Oklahoma Native Assets Coalition
- Jerry Nemorin, LendStreet
- Janell Ross, The Washington Post
- Jamal Simmons, The Raben Group
- Patricia Smith, The Reinvestment Fund
- Ray Suarez, Al Jazeera America
The Center for Global Policy Solutions is a 501(c)(3) think tank and action organization that labors in pursuit of a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive world in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive in safe and sustainable environments.
Source:Center for Global Policy Solutions