CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 11, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEGR), a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for patients with debilitating rare diseases, today announced that on March 14, 2016, Aegerion granted options to purchase 75,000 shares of common stock to one new employee; and on April 1, 2016, Aegerion granted options to purchase an aggregate of 57,775 shares of common stock to eight new employees under the inducement stock option program described below. Each stock option has an exercise price per share equal to $5.43 or $3.55, the closing price of Aegerion’s common stock on March 14 and April 1, respectively; vests 25% on the first anniversary of the date of grant with the remaining 75% to vest in monthly installments over the three years thereafter; has a ten year term; and is subject to the terms and conditions of Aegerion’s Inducement Award Stock Option Plan, and the terms and conditions of a stock option agreement covering the grant.
The Inducement Award Stock Option Plan is used exclusively for the grant of non-qualified stock options to individuals who were not previously an employee or non-employee director of Aegerion (or following a bona fide period of non-employment), as an inducement new hire stock option award material to an individual’s entry into employment within the meaning of Rule 5635(c)(4) of the NASDAQ Listing Rules (Inducement Stock Options).
About Aegerion Pharmaceuticals
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for patients with debilitating rare diseases. For more information about the company, please visit www.aegerion.com.
CONTACT: Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Amanda Murphy Associate Director, Investor Relations (857) 242-5024
Source:Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.