Windstream brings new TV service to more than 30,000 Sugar Land homes
SUGAR LAND, Texas, April 11, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Windstream (Nasdaq:WIN), a leading provider of advanced network communications, announced today that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is now available in Sugar Land, Texas. More than 30,000 homes in Sugar Land can sign up for the new television service that utilizes the company’s 100 percent fiber-backed network to provide an enhanced viewing experience.
Sugar Land is the third Kinetic market following successful launches in Lincoln, Neb., and Lexington, Ky., in 2015. The Kinetic launch lands just one week after Windstream announced ultra-fast 1-Gigabit Internet service in Sugar Land. The two services make Sugar Land one of the most advanced and connected communities in Windstream’s consumer markets.
"We continue to invest heavily in innovative technologies that allow us to offer services that meet our customers’ current and future needs,” said Sarah Day, president of consumer and small business for Windstream. “With the launch of Kinetic today and the announcement of 1-Gig service last week, we’re offering the Sugar Land community access to an unparalleled in-home TV and Internet experience.”
Powered by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform, Kinetic offers a unique user experience coupled with features that subscribers want and deserve from a TV provider. With Kinetic, customers will receive fast, high-quality, interactive television with features that include:
- High Definition (HD) Channels Included: Get the TV you love on the stations you know. All packages include HD channels;
- Free Whole Home DVR: Enjoy watching recorded shows in any room at any time. Record, pause, fast-forward and rewind live TV. Plus, record up to 4 shows at once;
- Wireless Set Top Box (for additional TVs): Limit wire clutter and enjoy the freedom to watch TV in any room in your house without worrying about cable ports;
- Video On-Demand: Choose from an extensive library of great entertainment including new releases, shows for kids, and hit TV series;
- Instant Channel Change: Surf channels with no lag between channel changes;
- Exclusive savings when you bundle services: Bundle Kinetic TV with High-Speed Internet and unlimited phone and save;
- Free professional installation: Experienced technicians will install your service, free of charge;
- Kinetic on the Go: Watch your favorite shows from anywhere using your computer, laptop or smartphone.
Kinetic is available as a bundled service with Windstream's High Speed Internet and telephone services. All bundle rates, which vary based on channel selection, include the features listed above. Rates for TV-only service start at $39.99.
(TV and Up to 25 Mbps Internet)
(TV, Phone and Up to 25 Mbps Internet)
|Basic: $59.98||Basic: $64.98|
|Select*: $84.98||Select*: $89.98|
|Preferred*: $104.98||Preferred*: $109.98|
|*Pricing for 12 months with agreement|
Customers interested in signing up for Kinetic are encouraged to call 1-877-481-9463, or visit Windstream.com/Kinetic.
Windstream Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:WIN), a Fortune 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 125,000 miles. Additional information is available at windstream.com. Please visit our newsroom at news.windstream.com or follow us on Twitter at @WindstreamNews.
Media Contact: Kyle Riley, 501-748-7649 email@example.com
Source:Windstream Holdings, Inc.