NEW YORK, April 12, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consensus, a leading boutique investment banking firm focused exclusively on consumer-facing businesses, announced today the participants for its 6th Annual Next Great Consumer Brands event to be held at The Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square on April 27, 2016. Consensus is the host and creator of the event, which brings together under one roof some of the most exciting emerging brands and the sources of capital that help them grow to facilitate opportunities. The daylong event will feature:
- Keynote fireside chats with legendary entrepreneurs Martha Stewart, brand founder and Chief Creative Officer of Sequential Brands Group (Nasdaq:SQBG), and Chip Wilson, founder of lululemon athletica;
- A presentation on the importance of brands by David Jaffe, CEO of Ascena Retail Group (Nasdaq:ASNA); and
- Presentations from the Nasdaq stage by fast-growing and on-trend consumer products companies, including Adore Me, Bevello, Chubbies, Huk, Indochino, Kit and Ace, Luke’s Lobster, Lucchese, Miss Jessie’s, ModCloth, Pajar, Sugarfina, Tuft & Needle, Wonder Workshop, and Yogasmoga;
- Exhibitions and tastings by emerging food and beverage companies, including Banza, Black Button Distilling, Castle Island Brewing, Cocktail Crate, Downeast Cider, FitVine Wine, Happy Tree, Mediterra, The Chaat Co., Tio Gazpacho, and Woops;
- A special presentation from Think Board, the winner of the Collegiate Next Great Consumer Brands contest, hosted last week by the Terry Business School at The University of Georgia.
Over the years, the Next Great Consumer Brands has helped emerging consumer brands connect with the capital necessary to fuel their continued growth. Through the event, over 100 companies have been exposed to investors and lenders controlling billions of dollars in growth capital.
“Over the past six years, we have been pleased to watch the Next Great Consumer Brands evolve to become an integral part of the growth capital ecosystem for growing brands,” said Consensus CEO Michael O’Hara. “The event is an opportunity for brands to raise their profile with the investors and lenders, and for the financial community to gather in one spot for a day focused on the future of the consumer space. The event has taken on a life of its own, and we are honored to have such distinguished parties participate on all sides of the event. We are also pleased that the Next Great Consumer Brands has spawned other events, such as the collegiate version of the program, which was hosted last week by the University of Georgia.”
Recognizing the conference as a key industry event for emerging brands, long-time co-sponsor Nasdaq is set to return this year. “As the listing venue of choice for the most innovative companies in the world, Nasdaq has always been committed to consumer-facing businesses,” said Bob McCooey, Senior Vice President, Listing Services at Nasdaq. “We look forward to welcoming Nasdaq-listed Ascena Retail Group, a prominent consumer brand among many others listed with Nasdaq, to kick-off the seventh year of our partnership with Consensus in supporting high-growth, high-potential consumer and retail companies at the crossroad of the world in Times Square.”
In addition to Nasdaq and Consensus, the event is sponsored by Wells Fargo Capital Finance, which offers a wide range of flexible financing to all sizes of companies, including specialized lending options to emerging businesses. Said Kevin Gillespie of Wells Fargo, “We reached out to Nasdaq and Consensus about participating in this great event after their first installment six years ago. Since then, we have been proud to sponsor the last five Next Great Consumer Brands events. We have a long commitment to helping great consumer companies grow, and this event gives us the chance to celebrate amazing entrepreneurs from our sector with our friends in the financial community.”
The event is open to investors and lenders with proven track records in the consumer products space. There is no charge to participate or attend. Additional details and registration information can be found at nextgreatconsumerbrands.com.
Source:NASDAQ, Inc.; Consensus