IRVINE, Calif., April 15, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Praxsyn Corporation (OTCQB:PXYN) announces today it will publish a Letter to its shareholders from its Chairman and CEO regarding the company’s business and operations.
On March 31, 2016, I accepted the position as the Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer. Unfortunately, due to many factors, the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the Fiscal Year ending December 31, 2015, which was due on that same date, will not be filed in a timely manner. We took the available 15 day extension, however even with the extension, we will still need additional time to complete our Annual Report.
During 2015, we generated a substantial working capital deficit. We are delaying the filing of our Form 10-K in order to finish reorganizing our operations in order to dramatically reduce our deficit. Prior to the release of the Annual Report, we have or will have:
- Negotiated settlements with our vendors to reduce our marketing related debt by at least $5,000,000;
- Reduced inefficiencies in executive staff in order to massively reduce overhead, cutting more than $500,000 in annual payroll, and currently myself, our CFO/COO and our General Counsel/Secretary are deferring salaries until the company’s overall cash flow is improved; and
- Written down certain other assets, in order to eliminate any 2015 income tax liability.
However, to ensure that this situation will not repeated, we will no longer process workers’ compensation related prescriptions unless our costs are fully funded prior to the date of service.
In order to further increase our shareholder value, we plan in the future to:
- Expand our sales efforts more fully into private insurance markets where payment is pre-approved by insurance carriers;
- Pursue workers’ compensation cases that are already pre-approved;
- Enter into negotiations with insurance carriers in order to dramatically reduce reimbursement rates, thereby ensuring prompt payment of all claims. If successful, we will reduce the cost of care for our patients, their insurers and ultimately their employers as well;
- Become fully licensed in all 50 states as soon as practicable;
- Expeditiously eliminate our long term debt;
- Contract with marketing groups in other states to more fully diversify our product lines and markets;
- Acquire an FDA approved and fully licensed drug manufacturing facility so that we may offer patients pain management creams (and other products) at massively reduced prices, under single NDC numbers, so that we sell to other pharmacies, hospitals and clinics;
- Pursue accretive acquisitions of laboratories, and other medical providers who enjoy rapid claims payments; and
- Further diversify into additional medical industry profit centers.
Finally, we plan to vastly improve communications with our shareholders. To this end we plan to:
- Frequently release company news through regular press releases;
- Hold investor teleconferences with the release of each subsequent annual and quarterly filing; and
- Hire dedicated Investor Relations staff.
The last two years have seen many great strides and many setbacks for the Company and its shareholders, however, current management intends to bring a renewed focus on increasing shareholder value.
About Praxsyn Corporation
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Praxsyn works to realize the vision of medical professionals to improve the lives of patients. Mesa Pharmacy, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides doctors with an alternative to oral pain medications. Mesa focuses on providing custom compounded non-narcotic, transdermal topical pain medications that are marketed to industrial health physicians and medical clinics. Mesa has developed a series of topical creams, in different strengths, that provide the pain relief doctors seek for their patients. Additional company information can be found at www.praxsyn.com.
Certain statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature (within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) including but not limited to statements regarding the past and future performance, past and future operations, expected cash on hand and anticipated results of announcement of Praxsyn's new Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board and, accordingly, are subject to risks and uncertainties. The actual results may differ materially from those described or contemplated and consequently, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Certain of these risks and uncertainties are discussed in the reports we filed with the SEC.
Media/Investor Contact: IR@PraXsyn.com 949-777-6112 ext 101