SEATTLE, April 19, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Porch.com (http://porch.com), a home services platform that connects homeowners and home professionals, announced today the debut of the Porch Retail Solution and its partnership with Wayfair (NYSE:W), one of the world's largest online destinations for home furnishings and décor. Wayfair is implementing the Porch Retail Solution nationally starting in 15 markets today, online and in support centers.
With this partnership, Wayfair shoppers who need assistance in completing tasks such as installation, furniture assembly, or plumbing, now have an integrated experience including Wayfair products and Porch-powered services. In keeping with Porch's commitment to getting every project done and every customer satisfied, this work will be backed by the Porch Guarantee.
With this holistic project purchase experience, customers can buy retail products with the peace of mind that those products will be properly installed, reducing customers’ “installation anxiety” and improving sell-through for the retailer.
In March, United States home improvement spend increased 37% year-over-year and translated into nearly 5x year-over-year project request growth on Porch. The extension of Porch’s platform helps its retail partners capitalize on the growing share of home services revenue with U.S. e-commerce spend, expected to hit $548 billion by 2019.
“At Porch, our vision is to realize the potential of every home, making maintenance and improvements easy. Launching the Porch Retail Solution helps our partners deliver a turn-key and seamless experience to their tens of millions of shoppers, by providing access to quality professionals to complete projects at check-out,” said Matt Ehrlichman, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Porch. “Wayfair shares the same vision as Porch for delighting homeowners. Up until now, projects have required two separate transactions: needing to find the product that is right for you and then finding a qualified person to help with assembly and installation. Together, Wayfair and Porch remove this friction and make the entire project easy to complete.”
“In partnership with Porch.com, we are able to further enhance the shopping experience for our customers as we help them bring their home decorating and renovation projects to life,” said Steve Oblak, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Wayfair. “Porch is ideally positioned to deliver quality home installation services through their ever expanding network of background checked and guaranteed professionals and we look forward to delighting our customers with this enhanced offering.”
Premier Fifteen Markets for Wayfair and the Porch Retail Solution
Wayfair is implementing the Porch Retail Solution nationally starting in 15 markets today:
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA Metro Area
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA Metro Area
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX Metro Area
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA Metro Area
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD Metro Area
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC Metro Area
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX Metro Area
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metro Area
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI Metro Area
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ Metro Area
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL Metro Area
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metro Area
- Austin-Round Rock, TX Metro Area
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA Metro Area
- Raleigh, NC Metro Area
Introducing the Porch Retail Solution
For the first time, quality home services can now be easily integrated into any retail platform, online and in-store, ensuring the best customer experience and improved revenues. Porch’s focus on the highest quality and responsive professionals across the country allows Porch to provide an integrated experience that matches customer and retailer needs.
How the Porch Retail Solution will work with Wayfair:
- Integrated Project Purchase: By simply adding Porch “Home Services” to the Wayfair.com shopping cart, customers will receive an email from Porch with information about scheduling the right home professional for their project and a subsequent connection to a quality Porch professional.
- Trusted, Local Pros: All of the Porch professionals used to complete jobs booked through Wayfair are local to customers’ geographic area and backed by the Porch Guarantee.
- Upfront Prices: Porch has arranged a project estimate based on average market rates. The Porch professional will confirm the final price before the project begins and the customer will only pay the professional when the job is completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Unparalleled Quality: The Porch promise is simple: we’ll connect homeowners with professionals that will complete the installation or assembly project to a customer’s complete satisfaction – if not, Porch will make it right with the Porch Guarantee.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with additional locations in New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney.
Seattle based Porch.com is a home services platform that helps homeowners maintain their home and get projects done by connecting them with quality home improvement professionals. Porch is available nationwide online, through the Porch App and serves as the exclusive in-store resource in over 1,720 Lowe’s stores across the U.S. For more information about Porch, visit https://porch.com.
Contact: Jessica Piha Director of Communications email@example.com 206-422-0712