- Highlights transformative role 3D technology has played in global manufacturing over past 30 years
- Booth to feature industrial-grade Stereolithography (SLA) and Direct Metal Printing (DMP) solutions
- Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Chuck Hull, to join EU, U.S. officials and business leaders for discussion on regional innovation
ROCK HILL, S.C., April 20, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it will take part in the largest-ever U.S. delegation to Hannover Messe, the world’s foremost trade fair for industrial technology, taking place April 25-29, in Hannover, Germany. For the first time in the fair’s history, the United States will be the Partner Country, a status that provides the more than 390 businesses and organizations in the U.S. delegation an unprecedented opportunity to showcase their capabilities and global reach during the event. President Obama will also participate in this year’s event, themed “Integrated Industry-Discover Solutions.”
3D Systems will exhibit in the USA Digital Factory Pavilion at Hall 6, Stand K01.
In 1983, 3D Systems’ Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Chuck Hull, invented Stereolithography (SLA), the first 3D printing process. In the 30 years since, 3D printing has provided engineers, designers and manufacturers with a digital production and verification process capable of transforming workflows, optimizing product design, and disrupting industries.
Hull will be present at the 2016 Hannover Messe, where he will provide insights in a Regional Clusters seminar on Monday, April 25th. This seminar, “Clusters in the EU and USA: Opportunities for Collaboration and Growth,” will discuss and explore new ways to promote global innovation and commercialization in high-tech industries. The panel will take place in Hall 2, 1st floor, Rooms 02.01.12 and 02.01.13, at 2:45 PM CEST.
3D Systems’ 3D technologies span the entire concept-to-production workflow, enabling and encouraging innovation in products and processes. Featured industrial 3D printing solutions at Hall 6, Stand K01 will include:
- Production-grade SLA on the ProJet® 6000, offering fast, high quality SLA printing with streamlined build optimization and exceptional surface quality. Material capabilities on the ProJet 6000 match or exceed the properties of traditional plastics, and allow for high temperature resistance, tensile strength and impact strength as well as USP Class VI capable materials for bio-compatible medical or dental applications. The booth will also feature a video demonstration of 3D Systems’ ultra-fast Figure 4 technology, the latest innovation in Stereolithography.
- Direct metal 3D printing on the ProX® DMP 200 for fully dense metal parts with thin walls, excellent surface finish and outstanding detail resolution. DMP technology enables the production of geometries that are unachievable through traditional means, helping manufacturers unlock new performance capabilities in critical and demanding applications such as aerospace, automotive, healthcare and beyond.
“We are proud to have some of America’s most innovative and forward thinking companies joining the U.S. delegation at this year’s fair,” said U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker. “The U.S. business community and the Department of Commerce have a clear message for the world: the United States is open for business. We will demonstrate and deliver on that message at the 2016 Hannover Messe.”
“It is an honor for us to be part of the U.S. delegation to Hannover,” said Neal Orringer, Vice President, Alliances and Partnerships, 3D Systems. “We are excited to showcase our ecosystem of 3D technology alongside other world-class American businesses, and to share our dedication to manufacturing excellence and innovation with a global audience.”
Hannover Messe typically hosts more than 200,000 attendees from more than 70 countries, including global investors, buyers, distributors, resellers and government officials. More information can be found on the Hannover Messe website.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems provides comprehensive 3D products and services, including 3D printers, print materials, on demand manufacturing services and digital design tools. Its ecosystem supports advanced applications from the product design shop to the factory floor to the operating room. 3D Systems’ precision healthcare capabilities include simulation, Virtual Surgical Planning, and printing of medical and dental devices as well as patient-specific surgical instruments. As the originator of 3D printing and a shaper of future 3D solutions, 3D Systems has spent its 30 year history enabling professionals and companies to optimize their designs, transform their workflows, bring innovative products to market and drive new business models.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com
Source:3D Systems Corporation