San Francisco, April 20, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global mobile robotics market growth can be attributed to increased adoption in military & defense applications. Commercialization of automated cars due to technological advancement in mobile robotics is expected to drive the market over the next six years. Favorable regulatory scenario, including funds and grants for promoting the robotics industry is also expected to positively impact the global market.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/mobile-robotics-market-analysis-by-product-unmanned-ground-vehicles-ugvs-unmanned-aerial-vehicles-uavs-unmanned-surface-vehicles-usvs-autonomous-underwater-vehicles-auvs-by-application-industrial-service-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Availability of open source platforms coupled with reduction in sensor and camera prices is expected to propel demand for domestic mobile robots such as vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers. Scarcity of experts equipped with the skill sets required for R&D may pose a challenge to mobile robotics market growth. Relatively low market penetration coupled with growing demand from end-use industries is expected to be a growth opportunity for key industry participants.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs) are expected to be the most dominant segment over the next six years due to a plethora of mobile robotics opportunities in military and defense. UAVs have considerable growth potential owing to their capability to cater to diverse applications such as surveying, wildlife research, mapping, security, and defense.
- The mobile robotics market for service applications is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period. Professional robots dominated the overall service robotics market, with a large number of applications in defense and agricultural applications. Increasing use in personal assistance and for medical purposes, such as in drug delivery, is expected to be favorable for the personal robotics market. In the industrial segment, warehousing & distribution is expected to remain the key market; other applications mainly include painting, coating, and inspection.
- Asia Pacific was the dominant regional market in 2013; it is further expected to continue being the market leader over the next six years. Increased adoption of mobile robots in industrial, agricultural, and medical applications has driven regional mobile robotics market growth. Growing domestic robots demand is expected to be the key driving force for the North America market.
- Leading mobile robotics market players have strived to develop robots capable of delivering and sustaining in challenging environments. There has been an increased emphasis on developing mobile-based applications to control unmanned vehicles. The industry is characterized by notable mergers and acquisitions; for instance, Adept Technology's acquisition of MobileRobotics Inc.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/semiconductors
Mobile Robotics Product Outlook (Revenue, 2012 - 2020)
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs)
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USVs)
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs)
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/research/mobile-robotics-market-analysis-by-product-unmanned-ground-vehicles-ugvs-unmanned-aerial-vehicles-uavs-unmanned-surface-vehicles-usvs-autonomous-underwater-vehicles-auvs-by-application-industrial-service-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020#tabs-4
Mobile Robotics Application Outlook (Revenue, 2012 - 2020)
Mobile Robotics Regional Outlook (Revenue, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Glycerin Markets –
- Resorcinol Markets –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights