- Streamlined 3D inspection within 3D Systems’ comprehensive manufacturing ecosystem
- Integrated 3D scan-to-CAD and metrology solutions
ROCK HILL, S.C., April 22, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it will be exhibiting at Control 2016, the world’s leading trade fair for quality assurance, in Stuttgart, Germany, April 26-29, in Hall B, booth 3527. During the four-day event, 3D Systems will showcase its leading metrology and inspection software and scanner solutions as part of its comprehensive manufacturing ecosystem.
“The final quality of a part or product, whether produced using traditional or additive methods, remains key to successful manufacturing,” said Ilan Erez, Vice President, Co-COO and CFO, Software Products, 3D Systems. “Our suite of metrology software and scanning solutions enable fast and accurate inspection of first article and 3D printed parts to improve critical feedback in a closed-loop environment, helping our customers achieve better outcomes.”
During the show, attendees can see hands-on demonstrations of:
- Automated metrology with Geomagic® Control™ software, for streamlining in-line and repetitive CAD-based inspection processes using 3D scanners and other portable metrology devices.
- Inspection for additive manufacturing, combining 3D Systems’ software and 3D printing in workflows that allow rapid verification of the part compared to the CAD design.
- Integrated 3D scan-to-CAD and inspection solutions with Geomagic Capture®, Geomagic Design X and Geomagic Control, providing fast, accurate workflows for the rapid creation of feature-based CAD data from 3D scans, and an easy-to-use 3D inspection platform for the desktop.
“In an increasingly automated manufacturing environment, it is important to be able to understand, document and share the results of 3D inspection and quality checks quickly and easily,” said Erez. “Our software delivers accuracy and ease of communication that readily incorporate into the manufacturing and inspection workflow to optimize processes and improve results.”
About 3D Systems
3D Systems provides comprehensive 3D products and services, including 3D printers, print materials, on demand manufacturing services and digital design tools. Its ecosystem supports advanced applications from the product design shop to the factory floor to the operating room. 3D Systems’ precision healthcare capabilities include simulation, Virtual Surgical Planning, and printing of medical and dental devices as well as patient-specific surgical instruments. As the originator of 3D printing and a shaper of future 3D solutions, 3D Systems has spent its 30 year history enabling professionals and companies to optimize their designs, transform their workflows, bring innovative products to market and drive new business models.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com
Source:3D Systems Corporation