SALT LAKE CITY, April 26, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CHG Healthcare Services ranks No. 37 on Fortune magazine's list of 50 Best Workplaces for Giving Back. The ranking is based on a survey where employees rated the meaningfulness of their work, the difference they make in their jobs, and the impact their organizations make in the community.
"Our philosophy is to make a difference — not only to the medical providers we place and the millions of patients they serve — but to our people and the communities we live in," says Scott Beck, CEO of CHG Healthcare Services. "We believe that simple actions can spark positive reactions for change and that our people play an essential role in making a difference in the world each day."
CHG's core values and people-centric culture foster a supportive and caring environment that empowers employees to give back through a variety of programs, including:
- Difference Makers Award — Employees nominate peers who make a significant difference in their communities. Four finalists and their guests will join the CEO on a company-sponsored service project and safari in Kenya this August.
- Volunteer Time Off — Each employee receives eight hours of paid time off to volunteer in the community. In 2015, CHG employees performed 4,000 hours of service.
- Employee Compassion Fund — Funded by employees, for employees, the compassion fund provides tax-free financial grants to help employees facing financial hardships.
- Putting People First Award — Employees nominate peers who make a difference in their co-workers' lives. Six finalists are chosen each month to receive a cash prize and a chance to win a trip to the company's annual President's Club.
- Making a Difference Week — Employees participate in a variety of fun events to raise money for local charities. In 2015, the week's activities raised more than $700,000 for the United Way, including both employee donations and the company's dollar-for-dollar match.
VIDEO: Find out why one CHG employee is excited to make a difference in Africa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUz5xIzogLc
"The Best Workplaces for Giving Back award demonstrates more than just a commitment to charity," says Kim Peters, executive vice president at Great Place to Work. "These organizations have earned employees' admiration by involving staffers in their community service efforts and contributing resources in ways that genuinely reflect their unique cultures.
CHG employs more than 2,100 people in seven offices across the country, including Utah, Florida, North Carolina, Connecticut, Michigan, and Oklahoma. The healthcare staffing company was recently ranked No. 18 on Fortune magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For list.
Learn more about CHG Healthcare Services people-centric culture at www.chgpulse.com.
About CHG Healthcare Services
Founded in 1979, CHG Healthcare Services is a leader in healthcare staffing and the nation's largest provider of locum tenens services. Through its trusted brands — CompHealth, Weatherby Healthcare, RNnetwork and Foundation Medical Staffing — the company provides temporary and permanent placement of physicians, allied health professionals and nurses to healthcare facilities across America. CHG prides itself on having a values-driven culture that focuses on Putting People First. The company is known for its award-winning culture and benefits and has been named one of Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" each of the past seven years. To learn more about CHG, visit www.chghealthcare.com.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=40007
CONTACT: Spencer Sutherland, Public Relations 801.930.3876 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: CHG Healthcare Services