San Francisco, April 27, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global butane market is expected to reach USD 203.26 billion by 2020. Increasing government support to promote the use of LPG as a domestic fuel particularly in Asia Pacific and Africa is expected to remain a key driving factor for global butane market over the next six years. Growth of global natural gas vehicle (NGV) industry is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Rapid petrochemical capacity expansion particularly in Middle East and Asia Pacific is expected to further support the market growth over the forecast period. Volatile raw material prices and ban on MTBE based gasoline blending across several states in the U.S. on account of ground water contamination is expected to remain key challenges for market participants.
This research report can also be accessed @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/butane-market-analysis-by-application-lpg-petrochemicals-refinery-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
LPG emerged as the leading application segment in the global butane market and accounted for 66.1% of total volume in 2013. Increasing LPG adoption on account of subsidies offered by governments particularly in India and China is expected to drive butane demand for LPG. Petrochemical is expected to witness highest growth rate over the forecast period. The segment is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 2.9% from 2014 to 2020. Emergence of Middle East as a major petrochemical manufacturing hub is expected to drive butane demand for petrochemical applications.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global butane demand was 209.39 million tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 250.36 million tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 2.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Residential/commercial was the leading application segment for LPG and accounted for over 45% of total market volume in 2013. Auto fuel is expected to witness highest growth rate over the next several years on account of shift in consumer preference towards natural gas vehicles. This shift has been primarily driven in countries such as Poland, Turkey, South Korea and Japan.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global butane market and accounted for 29.9% of total volume in 2013. Asia Pacific is also expected to witness highest growth over the forecast period. Butane demand in the region is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing LPG consumption for cooking & lighting in emerging markets of China and India is anticipated to drive the regional market over the next several years. MENA (Middle East & North Africa) is also expected to show significant growth rate over the forecast period owing to expansion of operating refineries and petrochemical complexes in Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar.
- The global butane market is highly fragmented with top four companies accounting for just over 35% of total market. The market is dominated by top oil & gas companies which have their presence across the value chain. Some of the key companies operating in the global butane market include Chevron, British Petroleum, Exxon Mobil ConocoPhillips, Royal Dutch Shell, Sinopec, Valero Energy, Total SA and CNPC.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Butane Application Outlook (Volume, Million Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- Auto Fuel
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/research/butane-market-analysis-by-application-lpg-petrochemicals-refinery-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020#tabs-4
Global Butane Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & North Africa
Other Reports Published by Radiant Insights –
- Gasoline Fuel Additives Market –
- Thermal Interface Materials Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights