San Francisco, April 28, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global marine lubricant market is expected to reach USD 10.94 billion by 2020. Growth of global cargo fleets is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global marine lubricants market. Growth of global shipping industry on account of growing number of voyages is also expected to propel the growth of marine lubricants. Volatile raw material prices and stringent regulatory scenario across various major regions is expected to remain key challenges for market participants.
Complete Report Available @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/marine-lubricants-market-analysis-by-product-mineral-synthetic-bio-based-by-application-engine-oil-hydraulic-oil-grease-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Mineral oil was the largest product segment and accounted for 88% of the total market demand in 2013. Cheap and easy availability of mineral oils along with increasing investments for R&D have been the major factors responsible for the growth of the market over the last few years. Mineral oil is also anticipated to experience highest growth rate over the next six years. The segment is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 3.6% from 2014 to 2020.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global marine lubricant market volume was 2,428.7 kilo tons in 2013 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Engine oil emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for 46.3% of total market volume in 2013. Increasing engine capacities and efficiency in ships is expected to drive the demand for engine oils. Hydraulic oil is expected to be one of the fastest growing application segments for marine lubricants growing at an estimated CAGR of 3.4% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing dependence on hydraulic mechanical parts in ships is expected to augment the market growth over the next six years.
- Europe emerged as the leading regional market for marine lubricant and accounted for 46.2% of total demand in 2013. The European market is characterized by high investments for lubricants of different grades coupled with increasing seaborne trade specially food & beverages and packed foods. Europe along with being the largest market is also expected to witness highest growth over the forecast period.
- Growth of shipping industry coupled with governmental support in form of freight tax relaxation in India and China is anticipated to fuel the Asia Pacific marine lubricants market over the forecast period.
- The global marine lubricants market is oligopolistic in nature and the market participants compete on the basis of product development and overall profitability. The market is primarily dominated by major oil & gas companies including BP Marine, Total Lubricants, Royal Dutch Shell, Chevron, Castrol, ExxonMobil and Sinopec Corporation.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Marine Lubricants Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Mineral Marine Lubricants
- Synthetic Marine Lubricants
- Bio-Based Marine Lubricant
Global Marine Lubricants Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Engine Oil
- Hydraulic Oil
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Marine Lubricants Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Other Reports Published by Radiant Insights –
- Food Containers Markets –
- Soft Drinks Markets –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights