PHILADELPHIA, April 28, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spark Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ONCE) today announced that researchers will make multiple presentations related to the company’s broad gene therapy development portfolio at upcoming scientific meetings.
During the 3rd Retinal Cell and Gene Therapy Innovation Summit, the following presentations are scheduled at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel in Seattle, WA.
- Kathy High; AAV Vectors for Ophthalmic Indications; Thursday, April 28 at 2:45 pm
- Daniel Chung; Preparation for Phase 3 Inherited Retinal Disease Gene Therapy Trial: Primary Endpoint Selection and Development; Thursday, April 28 at 4:25 pm
- Paolo Falabella: Lessons learned from the Spark Trial; Friday April 29 at 12:50 pm
During the 2016 Annual Meeting of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, the following presentations are scheduled at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, WA.
- Linda Couto; Potency Assay for AAV Vector Encoding Retinal Pigment Epithelial 65 Protein; Sunday, May 1 at 1:30 pm
- Daniel Chung; The Natural History of Disease Progression in Patients with RPE65-Mediated Inherited Retinal Dystrophy; Thursday, May 5 at 11:00 am
During the 19th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy, the following presentations are scheduled for Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC.
- Irena Ignatova; AAV Gene Therapy for Choroideremia: Dose Determination Analyses; 10:30 am
- Xavier M. Anguela; Therapeutic Factor VIII Expression After AAV Delivery in Non-Human Primates; 5:15 pm
- Daniel J. Hui; Safety Study by Validated Immunoassays in a Phase III Study of Subjects with Inherited Retinal Dystrophy Due to Mutations in the Gene Encoding Human Retinal Pigment Epithelium-Specific Protein 65 (RPE65) Injected with Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors; 5:30 pm
About Spark Therapeutics
Spark is a gene therapy leader seeking to transform the lives of patients with debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. Spark’s initial focus is on treating rare diseases where no, or only palliative, therapies exist. Spark’s most advanced product candidate, SPK-RPE65 (voretigene neparvovec), which has received both breakthrough therapy and orphan product designation, recently reported positive top-line results from a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial for the treatment of rare blinding conditions. Spark’s validated gene therapy platform is being applied to a range of clinical and preclinical programs addressing serious genetic diseases, including inherited retinal dystrophies, hematologic disorders and neurodegenerative diseases. Spark builds on two decades of research, development and manufacturing at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, including human trials conducted across diverse therapeutic areas and routes of administration. To learn more, please visit www.sparktx.com
Contacts Investor Relations Spark Therapeutics, Inc. Stephen W. Webster Chief Financial Officer (855) SPARKTX (1-855-772-7589) Media Ten Bridge Communications Dan Quinn (781) 475-7974 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Spark Therapeutics, Inc.