- Key component of 3D Systems’ end-to-end software solutions integrating traditional and advanced manufacturing
- Builds on the revolutionary Universal Kinematic Machine (UKM) previously released in GibbsCAM 2015
ROCK HILL, S.C., May 03, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today the release of GibbsCAM® 2016 software for production machining. Building on the revolutionary Universal Kinematic Machine (UKM) technology of the previous edition, GibbsCAM 2016 delivers a variety of improvements to increase efficiency, accelerate programming speed, and enhance visualization and accuracy for CNC machine programming. The GibbsCAM platform provides a powerful complement to additive manufacturing processes, further empowering 3D Systems’ users to transform digital concepts into physical realities.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/e278dc73-65e7-4f60-913f-db1f67ba2749
Videos showcasing the features and capabilities of GibbsCAM 2016 are available here.
The enhanced kinematic framework of GibbsCAM 2016 makes it a powerful and versatile CAM platform that is effective in nearly every manufacturing environment. Enabling solutions for complex programming challenges, such as oriented turning scenarios, GibbsCAM is compatible with a wide range of programming and machining operations, including solid modeling, high speed machining, 2- to 5-axis milling, wire-EDM, multi-task machining and more. Recognized for its ease of use, GibbsCAM is designed to help users eliminate scrap and reduce cycle times.
New features and functions of GibbsCAM 2016 include:
- Enhanced thread milling, including support for multi-point tools, tapered threads for both single- and multi-point tools, and improved simulation.
- The latest VoluMill™ technology, providing new toolpath strategies to optimize high speed roughing of large pockets and slots, open face milling strategies that can decrease cutting time by up to 60%, and Technology Expert integration for ready access to optimal speeds and feeds.
- New oriented turning capabilities, giving users added control in how tools interact with parts. From using a single tool at multiple B orientations to reorienting tool groups for use on a different spindle to full support of Flash Tooling for multiple-orientation turning tools, GibbsCAM 2016 delivers increased flexibility and control to CNC programmers.
- Added toolpath strategies for 5-axis milling, enabling users to define toolpath direction using the natural flow of a surface with the new Flowline option. Toolpaths can also now be extended in width as well as length. Additional enhancements include improved 5-axis drilling, multi-stepped pocket roughing and new gouge checking strategies.
“The GibbsCAM platform is a key component in today’s advanced manufacturing workflows, allowing our customers to optimize their machine processes and unlock greater productivity,” said Calvin Hur, Vice President, Co-Chief Operating Officer and Chief Revenue Officer, Software Products, 3D Systems. “By working closely with users over the past year, we’ve enhanced our understanding of the evolving needs of the factory floor, and are pleased to offer these improvements to help our customers maximize efficiency, safety and profitability.”
Click here for more information on GibbsCAM 2016.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems provides comprehensive 3D products and services, including 3D printers, print materials, on demand manufacturing services and digital design tools. Its ecosystem supports advanced applications from the product design shop to the factory floor to the operating room. 3D Systems’ precision healthcare capabilities include simulation, Virtual Surgical Planning, and printing of medical and dental devices as well as patient-specific surgical instruments. As the originator of 3D printing and a shaper of future 3D solutions, 3D Systems has spent its 30 year history enabling professionals and companies to optimize their designs, transform their workflows, bring innovative products to market and drive new business models.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com
VoluMill™ is a trademark of Celeritive Technologies, Inc.
Source:3D Systems Corporation