CHICAGO, May 03, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- VelocityEHS, the leading cloud environment, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software provider, is reminding safety professionals that OSHA’s final compliance deadline for the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) is quickly approaching. By June 1, 2016, OSHA expects employers covered by the revised Hazard Communication Standard (HazCom) to be in full compliance with the new GHS provisions. Under the modified rule, companies retain all the same core responsibilities they’ve always had, but as part of the transition are required to revise their written HazCom plans as necessary, update workplace labeling systems to account for GHS changes, use safety data sheets (SDSs) in place of their MSDS predecessors for all hazardous chemicals on-site, and train employees, not only on the GHS changes to safety data sheets (SDSs) and shipped container labels, but also on any newly identified chemical hazards resulting from the chemical manufacturers’ required re-classification process.
VelocityEHS – through its award-winning MSDSonline SDS/chemical management solution – helps more than 11,000 businesses, across a variety of industries, manage regulatory compliance requirements. Its HQ and HQ RegXR products are designed to simplify the transition to GHS by lowering the administrative cost of obtaining and managing SDSs, improving the overall management of hazardous chemicals in the workplace, and ultimately providing easier access to information that can keep employees safe. Below is a sampling of MSDSonline solutions that will continue to help companies, meet, manage and maintain compliance with HazCom and the GHS changes:
- Auto-Updates: HQ and HQ RegXR customers receive alerts when new SDSs for chemicals in their inventory are available, making it easy to identify and manage newer GHS-formatted safety data sheets, and streamline management of the MSDS-to-SDS library churn.
- Workplace Labels and Brady Label Partnership: In addition to other available formats, HQ and HQ RegXR customers can quickly create GHS-aligned workplace labels, with options to print directly onto Brady’s BBP®31 and BBP®33 label printers, all from the convenience of their online account.
- Expert SDS Authoring: Our certified professionals work with companies to author SDSs that comply with GHS provisions, as well as all local, national and international regulations.
- Mobile-Enhanced UI & Apps: MSDSonline online accounts are mobile optimized to support mobile device usage. In addition, customers of the HQ and HQ RegXR Account can take advantage of mobile apps that sync to their account.
- Chemical Inventory Scanner App: enables safety professionals to conduct in-the-field audits of their chemical inventory information down to the container level, helpful for determining which products need new SDSs or GHS-aligned workplace labels.
- eBinder App: Enables employee access to SDSs and other safety information on their mobile devices, making critical safety information available both online or offline, helpful for employees in work environments where Internet access is limited. This app is available for download from the App Store or Google Play™ for no additional cost.
- Workplace Training Resources: The popular on-demand HazCom/GHS courses help employers meet training requirements and training content can be easily managed in a single system and quickly deployed to the entire workforce with the click of a button.
“From the onset of OSHA’s decision to align the HazCom Standard to the GHS, we’ve worked hard to be a partner in educating and supporting our customers and the market at large through the transition process,” said Glenn Trout, president and CEO of VelocityEHS. “As we reach the final GHS deadline, we hope companies will continue to rely on our services and resources to help them ensure regulatory compliance, as chemical safety remains an important issue in 2016 and beyond.”
Those who still have questions or concerns about the GHS transition and specific employer obligations are encouraged to attend the company’s webinar, “The Final OSHA GHS Deadline: What You Need to Know Now!” on the following dates and times:
- May 4, 2016 at 11:00 am EST
- May 18, 2016 at 11:00 am EST
- June 1, 2016 at 11:00 am EST
- July 6, 2016 at 11:00 am EST
The 60-minute live webinar covers steps employers, chemical manufacturers and distributors should take to stay in compliance with GHS adoption in the United States. To register or learn more about the webinar, visit www.MSDSonline.com/resources/webinars.
For more information about VelocityEHS visit www.EHS.com. Additional information on the company’s award-winning MSDSonline chemical management solutions are available at www.MSDSonline.com or by calling toll-free at 1.888.362.2007.
More than 8 million users worldwide from virtually every industry trust VelocityEHS and its solutions to improve EHS performance. Its unparalleled customer support and easily accessible platform delivers relevant EHS cloud solutions that help customers reach their goals faster. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with locations in Canada, the UK and Australia. For more information, visit www.EHS.com. VelocityEHS is an Actua (Nasdaq:ACTA) company.