- Further expanding channels of distribution and product offering
SHERMAN OAKS, Calif., May 04, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cherokee Global Brands (NASDAQ:CHKE), a global brand marketing platform, today announced four additional multi-category license agreements for its Cherokee® brand in the United States with specialized fashion industry leaders.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/a4b99863-e302-4287-b3aa-8836996007fb
Our new licensees and their categories include:
- SaraMax Apparel Group, which specializes in the design, merchandising and production of women’s intimate apparel, girl’s underwear, men’s and boy’s underwear. The company will service a wide range of major retailers including mass merchants, e-commerce, department and specialty chains nationwide.
- High Point Design, the one-stop destination for infant, toddler, kids, juniors, ladies and men’s hosiery products, including socks, slipper socks, tights, legwarmers, leggings and much, much more. High Point’s products are sold in every major channel of distribution, including national chains, mass merchants, department stores, specialty chains and internet retailers.
- Cudlie Accessories is a century-old manufacturer and importer of accessories for infants and children including Diaper bags, feeding, grooming and bath accessories, lunch bags and backpacks. The company will distribute Cherokee-branded products to multiple retail tiers, including department stores, mass merchants, e-commerce, and specialty stores.
- The Eastman Footwear Group, for men’s and boy’s outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. The Eastman Group specializes in the design and distribution of high-quality, casual, comfortable footwear and will distribute Cherokee branded products to mass merchants, eCommerce, department stores and specialty retailers nationwide.
“We are very excited to announce our second phase of strategic partnerships which will strengthen and grow our US domestic licensee base for our namesake Cherokee brand,” said Henry Stupp, chief executive officer. “These partnerships will allow us to continue to satisfy the consumer demand for the Cherokee® brand while supporting further category and distribution expansion in the United States. In addition, we are actively engaged in discussions regarding future partnerships with leading resources for ladies apparel, ladies and girl’s footwear, adult and children’s accessories, home textiles and room décor and expect additional announcements in the near future. As we continue to build our domestic licensee base, we have identified and have begun to onboard new retail partners that will ensure the continued availability of an expanded assortment of Cherokee-branded products for spring 2017. We will be sharing exciting new marketing activations and additional partnership updates throughout the year,” Mr. Stupp concluded.
About Cherokee Global Brands
Cherokee Global Brands is a global brand marketing platform that manages a growing portfolio of fashion and lifestyle brands including Cherokee®, Carole Little®, Tony Hawk® Signature Apparel and Hawk Brands®, Liz Lange®, Everyday California®, Sideout®, ále by Alessandra® and Flip Flop Shops®, a leading franchise retail chain, across multiple consumer product categories and retail tiers around the world. The Company currently maintains license and franchise agreements with leading retailers and manufacturers that span over 50 countries in 9,000 retail locations. Its retail, franchise and e-commerce platform partnerships include: Target Stores (U.S.), Kohl's (U.S.), Sears Canada (Canada), Walmart (Canada), Argos & Sports Direct (UK and Ireland), Flip Flop Shops® (US, Canada, Caribbean, Middle East and South Africa), RT-Mart (Peoples Republic of China), Pick 'n Pay (South Africa), Falabella (Chile, Peru and Colombia), Arvind Mills (India), Shufersal LTD. (Israel), Comercial Mexicana (Mexico), Nishimatsuya (Japan), Landmark Group's Max Stores (certain Middle East and North Africa countries), Reliance Trends Stores (India), Ahold (Czech Republic) and the TJX Companies (U.S., Canada and Europe).
Statements included within this news release may contain forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used, the words "anticipates," "believes," "expects," "may," "should," and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements included in this press release (including, without limitation, express or implied statements regarding potential future business development) involve known and unknown risk and uncertainties that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties, include, but are not limited to, the effect of global economic conditions, the financial condition of the apparel and retail industry, adverse changes in licensee or consumer acceptance of products bearing the Company's brands, the ability and/or commitment of the Company's licensees to design, manufacture and market Cherokee, Liz Lange, Completely Me, Tony Hawk and Hawk Brands, Sideout, Everyday California and Carole Little branded products, the Company's dependence on Target for most of the Company's GAAP revenues and the Company's dependence on its key management personnel. The risks included here are not exhaustive. A further list and description of these risks, uncertainties and other matters can be found in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for Fiscal Year 2016, and in its periodic reports on Forms 10-Q and 8-K. Given these risks and uncertainties, you should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. The Company disclaims any intent or obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect future events and developments.
Investor Contact: Cherokee Global Brands Jason Boling, CFO 818-908-9868 Addo Communications Patricia Nir 310-829-5400 Licensing information: Cherokee Global Brands Randi Spieker, EVP Business Development US (818) 908-9868 x338 email@example.com Mark Nawrocki, EVP Global New Business (818) 908-9868 x315 firstname.lastname@example.org Media Requests for Cherokee Global Brands: Orsi Public Relations Janet Orsi (323) 874-4073