PORT ANGELES, Wash., May 05, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Federal Community Foundation (the Foundation) announces the following grant awards to local nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities:
- Assistance League of Bellingham: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for Operation School Bell, to provide school clothes to children from low income families.
- Clallam-Jefferson County Pro Bono Lawyers: Awarded $5,500 Community Support grant to support drop-in civil legal aid for low income clients.
- Easter Seals Washington-Olympic Peninsula Autism Center: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to purchase therapeutic equipment for Silverdale center.
- First Step Family Support Center: Awarded $20,000 Community Support grant to fund volunteer coordinator to build volunteer program and expand capacity in Clallam County.
- Juan de Fuca Foundation for the Arts: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to sponsor Juan de Fuca Festival of the Arts performances for youth.
- Northwind Arts Center: Awarded $10,000 Community Support grant to provide summer educational scholarships for children from low income families in Jefferson County.
- Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County: Awarded $50,000 Affordable Housing grant for Neighborhood Revitalization Program.
- New Life Community Development Agency: Awarded $50,000 Economic Development challenge grant for construction of the Birkenfeld Economic Empowerment Center in Bremerton.
- Camp Beausite Northwest: Awarded $25,000 Community Development challenge grant for completion of Phase III of facilities expansion program, expanding the agency’s capacity to serve people with physical, cognitive and developmental disabilities throughout the region.
- Captain Joseph House Foundation: Awarded a matching Community Development grant with a maximum of $25,000 for capital improvements to the Captain Joseph House in Port Angeles.
- Central Kitsap Food Bank: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant for purchase of a new box truck.
- Olympic Peninsula YMCA: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant for start-up capital for the Sequim YMCA (formerly SARC).
- Volunteers in Medicine of the Olympics (VIMO): Awarded $50,000 Community Development grant for expansion of the agency’s dental services.
“We are pleased to announce these gifts to organizations that are improving the quality of life in our communities,” said Foundation board chairman David Flodstrom. “First Federal is proud of its legacy of giving back to the communities it serves.”
The Foundation’s next open application period will begin on July 1, 2016. Interested parties can access grant guidelines and the grant application form via the Foundation’s website at www.firstfedcf.org.
About the First Federal Community Foundation: First Federal Community Foundation is a private 501(c)3 charitable corporation funded with a gift of cash and stock from First Northwest Bancorp, the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Port Angeles. The Foundation provides funding for community support, affordable housing, economic development and community development in communities where First Federal operates a full-service branch.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Karen McCormick at 360-417-3112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source:First Federal Community Foundation