San Francisco, May 12, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Water management has emerged as a significant priority for governments and water utilities, which is expected to fuel the global smart water management market. Infrastructure revitalization, growing population, fluctuating climate, and rise in water shortage issues are also some of the key forces driving market growth. Although water management and conservation practices are continuously evolving, the aforementioned forces have spurred demand for smart technology solutions for more efficient and sustainable water systems.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/smart-water-management-swm-market-analysis-by-component-devices-solutions-services-by-technology-fixed-network-cellular-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Technological advancements enable water utility operators to proactively control and mange distribution systems and enhance efficiency, which is expected to favorably impact the market. Proliferation of cloud-based solutions to monitor distribution networks provides opportunities for market growth. Concerns among water utilities regarding adoption of these solutions may pose a challenge to the market. Low adoption of smart water management systems by several water utilities owing to high investments is also expected to hinder market growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Devices accounted for over 35% of the overall smart water management market, and emerged as the most dominant segment in 2013. Solutions are expected to be a high growth segment, which can be attributed to the development of cloud-based solutions for efficient monitoring of distribution networks.
- Increasing adoption of cellular network technology in Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) is expected to drive market growth. The segment is also expected to grow faster than the global average over the next few years.
- On account of favorable government initiatives including incubation facilities, financial incentives and demonstration sites, North America was leading regional market in 2013. Increasing investments in the U.S. water sector is expected to positively impact regional market growth over the forecast period.
- Key market participants include Schneider Electric, Sensus, General Electric, IBM Corporation and ABB Ltd. Strategic partnerships due to high investments and increasing competition are expected to be key growth strategies over the next six years.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/technology-and-media
Smart Water Management Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Smart Water Management Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Cellular Network
- Fixed Network
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at: www.radiantinsights.com/research/smart-water-management-swm-market-analysis-by-component-devices-solutions-services-by-technology-fixed-network-cellular-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020#tabs-4
Smart Water Management Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- Glass Packaging Market –
- Razor and Razor Blade Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights