WALTHAM, Mass., May 13, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Radius Health, Inc. (Nasdaq:RDUS), a science-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative therapeutics in the areas of osteoporosis, oncology and endocrine diseases, announced that, on May 8, 2016, the compensation committee of the company's board of directors granted six new non-executive employees options to purchase an aggregate of 52,550 shares of the company's common stock with a per share exercise price of $30.93, the closing trading price of the company’s common stock on the NASDAQ Global Market on Friday, May 6, 2016. Each option vests 25% on the first anniversary of the employee’s hire date, with the remaining 75% to vest in monthly installments over the three years thereafter, and has a ten-year term. The stock options were granted pursuant to Rule 5635(c)(4) of the NASDAQ Listing Rules for equity grants to induce the new employees to enter into employment with the company.
About Radius Health
Radius is a science-driven biopharmaceutical company that is committed to developing innovative therapeutics in the areas of osteoporosis, oncology and endocrine diseases. Radius' lead product candidate, the investigational drug abaloparatide for subcutaneous injection, has completed Phase 3 development for potential use in the reduction of fracture risk in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Radius’ Marketing Authorisation Application (MAA) for abaloparatide-SC for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis is under regulatory review in Europe and a New Drug Application (NDA) was submitted in the U.S. at the end of the first quarter of 2016. The Radius clinical pipeline also includes an investigational abaloparatide transdermal patch for potential use in osteoporosis and the investigational drug RAD1901 for potential use in hormone-driven and/or hormone-resistant breast cancer, and vasomotor symptoms in postmenopausal women. Radius' preclinical pipeline includes RAD140, a non-steroidal, selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) under investigation for potential use in multiple applications including cancer. For more information, please visit www.radiuspharm.com.
Source:Radius Health Inc.