San Francisco, May 17, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global pressure sensors market is expected to reach USD 9,434.1 million by 2020. Favorable regulations including the U.S. government's directive aimed at mandatory installation of Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) in vehicles are expected to be critical for market development.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pressure-sensors-market-analysis-by-technology-casia-pacificitive-electromagnetic-optical-piezoresistive-resonant-solid-state-by-application-automotive-consumer-electronics-industrial-medical-oil-amp-gas-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Proliferation of smartphones and tablets is expected to increase the demand for pressure sensors which are used in Global Positioning System (GPS) lock applications, wherein the GPS chipset determines altitude of the smartphone by locking on to a satellite signal and calculating positions. MEMS sensors, which were predominantly used in HVAC and industrial applications, are now being incorporated into consumer electronics equipment, which is further expected to boost market growth. End-use segments are drifting towards maturity which is expected to be a challenge market growth over the next six years.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/semiconductors
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Piezoresistive pressure sensors dominated the market in 2013, accounting for over 25% of the overall revenue owing to their extensive usage in automotive, medical, and consumer electronics applications. Optical and resonant solid-state pressure sensors are expected to witness high growth over the forecast period.
- Automotive was the largest application market for pressure sensors in 2013, accounting for over 25% of the total demand, which can be attributed to the usage of pressure sensors in monitoring the pressure of crucial parameters such as oil, fuel, transmission, and brake. Consumer electronics is expected to be the fastest growing application segment on account of the use of pressure sensors in GPS applications.
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market in 2013, contributing to over 30% of the global revenue, which is primarily due to growth in end-use sectors and increased demand from India and China.
- Companies operating in the market include ABB Ltd., Emerson Electric, GE, Honeywell International, and STMicroelectronics N.V. The industry is fragmented in nature, with participants entering in mergers and acquisitions in order to gain market share.
Browse Up Coming Reports Of All Category @ www.radiantinsights.com/catalogs
Pressure Sensors Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Resonant solid-state
Pressure Sensors Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Consumer Electronics
- Oil & Gas
Pressure Sensors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- China Reactive Power Compensation Device Industry –
- China Dust-collecting Equipment Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights