Charlotte,NC, May 18, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Charlotte, N.C., May 18, 2016 – Akoustis Technologies, Inc. (OTCQB: AKTS) (“Akoustis” or the “Company”), a manufacturer of innovative BulkONE™ single crystal piezoelectric bulk acoustic wave (BAW) RF filters for mobile wireless, announced today its Chief Device Scientist, Dr. Rama Vetury, will be a featured presenter at the 2016 IEEE RFIC Symposium. The RFIC Symposium is part of “Microwave Week”, the largest worldwide RF/microwave meeting of the year.
The presentation takes place May 23, 2016 in session RMO2A-1, from 10:10 AM to 10:30AM PST at the Marriott Salons 1–3, located in San Francisco, CA.
During the presentation entitled, “Single Crystal AlGaN Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonators on Silicon Substrates with High Electromechanical Coupling,” Dr. Vetury will be highlighting the company’s single crystal RF resonator technology, recent technical milestones, and their application to wide bandwidth, high frequency RF filter applications for Mobile Communications.
Akoustis will also provide an update on the development of a new, cutting edge class of BAW-based RF filters based upon patented, highly differentiated high-purity single crystal piezoelectric materials. Its BulkONE™ technology will service the fast growing multi-billion dollar market of device OEMs, network providers, and consumers to diminish front end phone heat, battery drain and signal loss -- all considered to be directly related to the current RF filter technologies' limitations.
Akoustis™ (http://www.akoustis.com) is a high-tech RF filter solutions company that manufactures its unique, patent-pending BulkONE™ technology to produce single-crystal bulk acoustic wave (BAW) filters for the mobile-wireless industry, which facilitate signal acquisition and accelerate band performance between the antenna and the back end of mobile devices. Akoustis’ “fabless” business model is capital efficient, leveraging existing manufacturing infrastructure in the semiconductor industry. Akoustis™ is located in the Piedmont technology corridor between Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina.
Statements in this press release that are not descriptions of historical facts are forward-looking statements that are based on management’s current expectations and assumptions and are subject to risks and uncertainties. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology including “anticipates,” “believes,” “can,” “continue,” “could,” “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “may,” “plans,” “potential,” “predicts,” “should,” “will,” “would” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those currently anticipated include, without limitation,
- risks relating to the results of our research and development activities, including uncertainties relating to semiconductor process manufacturing;
- the early stage of our Bulk ONE™ technology presently under development;
- our need for substantial additional funds in order to continue our operations and the uncertainty of whether we will be able to obtain the funding we need;
- our ability to retain or hire key scientific, engineering or management personnel; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights that are valuable to our business, including patent and other intellectual property rights;
- our dependence on third-party manufacturers, suppliers, research organizations, testing laboratories and other potential collaborators;
- our ability to successfully market and sell our technologies;
- the size and growth of the potential markets for any of our technologies, and the rate and degree of market acceptance of any of our technologies;
- competition in our industry; and
- regulatory developments in the U.S. and foreign countries.
In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking statements regarding future events and circumstances discussed in this press release may not occur, and actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. The forward-looking statements included in this presentation speak only as of the date hereof, and, except as required by law, we undertake no obligation to update publicly or privately any forward-looking statements for any reason after the date of this presentation to conform these statements to actual results or to changes in our expectations.
THESE MATERIALS DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO SELL, OR THE SOLICITATION OF ANY OFFER TO BUY, ANY SECURITIES OF AKOUSTIS, INC., OR OF ANY OTHER ENTITY WHATSOEVER. ANY REPRESENTATION TO THE CONTRARY BY ANY PARTY SHOULD BE IGNORED.
Akoustis Contact Information: COMPANY Dave Aichele Akoustis, Inc. VP of Business Development Main: 704-997-5735, ext. 106 Email: email@example.com INVESTORS The Del Mar Consulting Group, Inc. Robert B. Prag, President 858-794-9500 firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex Partners, LLC Scott Wilfong, President 425-242-0891 email@example.com ##END##