San Francisco, May 18, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global sleep apnea devices market is expected to witness substantial growth owing to high prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) patients. Downsides of urban lifestyle such as long working hours, obesity, diabetes, and anxiety have resulted in increased sleep disorders, consequently driving sleep apnea devices demand. Leading market players have invested heavily in the development of compact therapeutic devices, which is expected to favorably impact sleep apnea devices market growth. Lack of patient compliance and discomfort caused by the devices may pose a challenge to industry participants.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/sleep-apnea-devices-market-analysis-by-product-actigraphy-systems-psg-devices-respiratory-polygraph-single-channel-screening-devices-pulse-oximeters-adaptive-servo-ventilation-asv-systems-airway-clearance-systems-positive-airway-pressure-pap-devices-oral-appliances-oxygen-devices-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Diagnostic sleep apnea devices accounted for over 50% of the overall market in 2013; however, they are expected to lose market share to therapeutic devices by 2020, which are projected to overtake the former.
- PSG devices contributed over 25% to the overall diagnostic sleep apnea devices market revenue in 2013. PAP devices accounted for over 20% of the overall therapeutic sleep apnea devices market revenue in 2013. Oral appliances are expected to gain therapeutic devices market share over the forecast period.
- North America dominated the market in 2013, accounting for approximately 35% of the overall revenue. This can be attributed to increased sleep apnea awareness, increased obesity among the population, sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and high insurance coverage in the region. The Asia Pacific sleep apnea devices market is relatively untapped and has high growth potential over the forecast period, with the level of awareness projected to increase among patients and the medical fraternity.
- The sleep apnea devices market is highly consolidated, with ResMed and Philips Respironics accounting for a considerable percentage of the overall revenue. Other manufacturers include Weinmann Medical Devices, Natus Medical, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare, DeVilbiss Healthcare, and CareFusion.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/medical-devices
Sleep Apnea Devices Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Diagnostic Devices
- Actigraphy Systems
- Polysomnography (PSG) Devices
- Respiratory Polygraph
- Single Channel Screening Devices (Pulse Oximeters)
- Adaptive Servo Ventilation (ASV) Systems
- Airway Clearance Systems
- Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Devices
- Oral Appliances
- Oxygen Devices
Sleep Apnea Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore Other Reports By Radiant Insights,Inc at
- China Cardiovascular Drugs Industry –
- Satellite Application Industry in China –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights