WASHINGTON, May 19, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) has announced the 2015 winners of its prestigious Annual Safety Awards. The awards are part of a comprehensive program developed by the AFPM Safety and Health Committee to promote safe operations in the refining and petrochemical industries and to recognize facilities with outstanding occupational and process safety performance records.
"Safety is the top priority of our industries, which is why it is important to recognize the outstanding work and safety achievements of our members. The awards highlight positive and proactive efforts and shine a spotlight on effective safety practices for others to emulate," said AFPM President Chet Thompson.
This year's most prominent award, the 2015 Distinguished Safety Award, has been awarded to two facilities: the ExxonMobil Chemical Company Baton Rouge Polyolefins Plant and the Chevron Products Company El Segundo Refinery. The Distinguished Safety Award represents the top sites in the industry. This marks the tenth year that the ExxonMobil Chemical Baton Rouge Polyolefins Plant has won the award.
This year's Elite Gold Safety Award, which recognizes facilities with safety performance in the top one percentile, are Calumet Penreco, LLC, Dickinson, Texas Facility; ExxonMobil Chemical Company Baton Rouge Chemical Plant; ExxonMobil Chemical Company Baton Rouge Plastics Plant; and ExxonMobil Chemical Company Baytown Chemical Plant.
Twelve facilities received an Elite Silver Safety Award, which recognizes facilities' safety performance in the top five percentile:
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP – Borger Plant
- ExxonMobil Chemical Company – Baytown Olefins Plant
- ExxonMobil Chemical Company – Beaumont Polyethylene Plant
- LyondellBasell Industries – Chocolate Bayou Polymers Facility
- LyondellBasell Industries – Corpus Christi Operations
- LyondellBasell Industries – Matagorda Complex
- Marathon Petroleum Company LP – Galveston Bay Refinery
- Shell Oil Products US – Shell Martinez Refinery
- Tesoro Refining & Marketing Company – Anacortes Refinery
- Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc. – Bayport HDPE Plant
- Valero Refining Company – Ardmore Refinery
- Valero Refining Company – Houston Refinery
"The safety of our employees and people in the surrounding communities is paramount to every AFPM member company, and I would like to thank the winners for continuing to exceed the high standards our industries have set for themselves," said AFPM Chairman and Tesoro President and CEO Greg Goff.
Source: American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers